Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

engine...

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: engine...

There is not really anything wrong with it really, but its simply a ROYAL pita to tinker with.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:34 PM
HCF Member

keep your stock motor and rebuild it and boost it. i was talking to a guy and he has the same car as you and rebuilt his motor and boosted it at 17psi and he said he runs like mid 12s

Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 PM

Eh, you have to buy a standalone to tune it = $$$. The stroke is too long for my liking also.

Old 09-28-2006, 08:42 PM
HCF Member

search the JDM engine importer companies and see what kind of sales they're running.

k20s are expensive as hell.

try a Bseries from an integra Type R (if it'll fit).

Old 09-28-2006, 08:48 PM
HCF Member

^^it wont without a lot of customization.

to run twelves it would be faster and wouldnt cost much more if you just went the K route. a civic swapped K is probably good for 12's with bolt ons and minor head work. if you calculate in the turbo setup to run that kind of power, along with the internals and feul systems...plus tuning and a new ECU...it would jsut be more effective to swap a K.

Old 09-29-2006, 01:41 AM
HCF Member

yea i agree...but waht does it really mean to rebuild a motor..just take it apart and put it back together again?...and yea my car accelerates good for stock...but i'd guess i will try the k20 motor...but will it make me peel out everytime i take off...and the type R wont fit...i already checked...it would've fitted in my 96 coupe but not this...my car stock engine is a K series...so K series it shall be i guess :'(...i can always do a lay-away plan lol

Old 09-29-2006, 02:32 AM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness

Get out your check book.
yep

K20 is your best bet. They scream like a raped date with boost.

but watch yourself man. MAD $ to play with.

p.s. i wouldn't even consider swapping motors.

Old 09-29-2006, 10:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Civic|UnLimiteD

yea i agree...but waht does it really mean to rebuild a motor..just take it apart and put it back together again?...and yea my car accelerates good for stock...but i'd guess i will try the k20 motor...but will it make me peel out everytime i take off...and the type R wont fit...i already checked...it would've fitted in my 96 coupe but not this...my car stock engine is a K series...so K series it shall be i guess :'(...i can always do a lay-away plan lol
It means to tear it down (the term sounds worse than it really is) and adding stronger internals. Im currently walking down that hallway. For example, Im running 10psi of boost daily. Thats already a lot of boost but my motor will handle it. Now, once I have internal work done, i could run 20psi daily... thats a chit load of boost. Basically along the lines of 270+wheel horse power, not at the crank. WIth a good set pf tires that would shoot me to the moon an back in 12 seconds.

Old 09-30-2006, 03:47 AM
HCF Member

oooohhhh....would it be cheaper to put 5k down on my engine and go all-motor?....orr?...lol sorry to sound like a newb but my head is wristed liek a rubber band...i need everyone to agree on one thing...and dont just agree to stop the thread or just to make up my mind..think of my car as your car plz...its alot of good suggestions...but i duuno.,..something seems funny...please guys help me out...i feel helpless and i dont wanna throw away my money to the wind...can yall feel what im sayin?...plz help!...thanks!

Old 09-30-2006, 02:02 PM
HCF Member

No. All motor will be expensive. Not to mention dependability wont do you much good either. Turbo and tune.... 'nuff said.

Quick Reply: engine...