HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   ENGINE BUILD FINALLY DONE! New pics ADDED (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/engine-build-finally-done-new-pics-added-15048/)

97civicturbo 01-09-2006 02:10 AM

ENGINE BUILD FINALLY DONE! New pics ADDED

It's DONE, FINALLY!! My d series build is finally complete and ready to drop in.

D16z6 head-Port matched on intake side, Skunk2 Retainers/Valve Springs Etc. Skunk2 Stage II Cam, ARP Headstuds, Skunk2 Intake Manifold.
D16y8 Block- Decked, Block Gaurd, Wiseco Forged Pistons 8:6:1 .020 over, Eagle H-Beam Rods.

I'm so excited you don't even know, I haven't driven my civ for over 6 months now! I'll have some pics up tuesday night after I pick it up, and more pics to follow during the re-install, and the turbo install.

Nail I3unny 01-09-2006 04:28 PM

RE: ENGINE BUILD FINALLY DONE!

wow thats gunna be a shocker when you smoke STIs at the track and they find out you're running a D

riceburner700 01-09-2006 04:45 PM

how much boost?

AgentofDarkness 01-09-2006 04:48 PM

I wanna know how much everything ran you minus the labor (except sleeving). I wanna do the same setup but with a GSR. I'm especially interested in knowing how much the P&P ran you b/c i haven't gotten any clear numbers on that, but i want a full P&P (not sure if thats what u got). But yea, that thing is gonna rip the track up.

97civicturbo 01-09-2006 06:29 PM

Out the door heading to work, but I'll give a full list with prices when I get back(1 a.m.)

BallardCivic 01-09-2006 07:40 PM

That is a wicked D right there. Congrats on finally getting it back. My car has been stolen for 2 weeks, and I can barely handle myself, I cant imagine what 6 months would be like.

I too am curious about the P&P price, and Im also wondering how important you guys think it is in the overall building of the engine?

finalimpact 01-09-2006 08:03 PM

congrats sounds like it will be fun. good luck with the set up and the break in.

AgentofDarkness 01-09-2006 09:09 PM

My personal philosophy on modding is that i would rather spend some extra money doing things that won't give me anything in the short run but will pay off in the long run. Taking a motor apart and putting in new pistons, rods, and sleeves isn't gonna give me any performance, in fact, the low comp pistons are gonna hurt my performance. So ill end up driving a car that is slower for a couple of months. But when i get a turbo at a later point, ill be able to up the boost really high. I figure that its worth to wait a little bit and end up with big gains instead of goin for the quickest, cheapest way to make less power. But what ive realized from the research that ive done so far is that its gonna cost me alot of money to do it. Right now, it looks like the build is gonna run me in the 6k range, thats w/o a turbo.

amg6975 01-09-2006 10:05 PM

ORIGINAL: AgentofDarkness
Right now, it looks like the build is gonna run me in the 6k range, thats w/o a turbo.
If you get everything REALLY cheap. I've been planning and sceaming for a while now and I'm trying to get under $5,000 and it's really not easy with a long list of stuff that needs to be done.

AgentofDarkness 01-09-2006 10:13 PM

I think that 6K is doable. Ill list the mods and prices.

GSR motor: 3k to my house.
Rods: $400
Pistons: $400
Stage II CLutch: $400
Sleeving: $800
Head Studs: $200
Head Gasket: $200
Mounts: $400
Total: $5800.

Anything i am missing or corrections? Of course there are other things that i haven't included that i prolly should such as a p&p, valves, springs, retainers, valve job, cams. But it isn't too hard to take the head off once its on the car, the rest of the stuff is gonna be a PITA to change once the motor is in.