HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   engine swap NEED HLP DECIDING (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/engine-swap-need-hlp-deciding-24083/)

jjones 06-22-2006 01:06 AM

engine swap NEED HLP DECIDING

HEY everyone im kinda new here and have been reading several post and stuff it seems serius people are putting the b16 engine in there civics so i got interested, first question is it even possible to put a b16 into a 96 civic ex coupe, how much will it cost, and will most shops swap for you that you know off

thanks for any help i thought the b16 would be a better choice for me than the turbo for now

thanks jj

jjones 06-22-2006 01:15 AM

RE: engine swap NEED HLP DECIDING

BY THE WAY IM PREATTY SURE I HAVE THE D16Z8 in my car and im going for the b16a4

thanks again for any help

little_goblinman 06-22-2006 01:42 AM

You wouldn't have a D16z8. It would be a D16y8.

It is very possible to put a B16 in your car.

I hope you have a lot of money. You'll need it.

thedougler 06-22-2006 01:53 AM

You will need no more money than a turbo kit, personally i have a d16y8 also even the same year car:D, for me i am thinkin alil more towards turbo...build ur own kit for 1000 dolla off of petes shoppin list, then new pistons and rods and u can bump the boost to new levels...by the way it would be way more fun to drive a boosted D then a stock B16 that you would drop in, with the turbo kit you be running more hp than a b16 too, especially with the new internals...i suggest reading up on turboing the D first;)

Nail I3unny 06-22-2006 01:58 AM

are you in europe? those sound like EDM engine codes to me.

the b16 isnt an expensive swap as far as Bs go. you can get it for under 2k without installation.

after you get past the basic turbo kit or swap...you will have a lot more fun with a B. way more expandability and a lot more potential.

i would look at getting a GSR if i were you tho...you get more tq and power.

jjones 06-22-2006 01:58 PM

well i was thinking i would drop a b16 in the car then turbo it later so it would be better but am i wrong. and im not from europe im just like 2 weeks new to civics and not very mechanical so i just did a serch and the site i found said thats what i had but ever site i look at says theres a diffrent motor in it sorry for the confusion

thedougler 06-22-2006 03:20 PM

Well definatley if you are swapping and turboing it would be better...i wouldnt go with the b16, a B18c from a GSR is more horsepower and way more torque

little_goblinman 06-22-2006 09:49 PM

My recomendation would be to start doing research and start learning about engines. Regardless of which engine you choose, you'll have to learn something about it or have to pay quite a bit of money to have someone else do the work (and the shopping) for you.