HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   engine transplant (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/engine-transplant-39497/)

Savatage 03-05-2007 11:32 PM

engine transplant

Ok i have settled on the engine that i want (b18b) and i will be able to do the swap in about 4 months. my question is this, if a b18b will drop into my car with just a few motor mount changes then will my d16y8 drop into an integra? why i ask is why do an engine swap and have a leftover engine? why not find a good deal on a integra, and just swap motors and re-sell the integra with my old engine.. me and a mechanic friend of mine will be doing all the swapping so no labor costs will be involved, only the cost of car and motor mounts.

Savatage 03-07-2007 12:27 AM

RE: engine transplant

:bump: anyone?

reaper2022 03-07-2007 08:24 AM

Umm.. I'm not sure about the d16 in theintegra, but the b18 should just drop into the civic with the mounts.... just remember, you have to swap transmissions, too.

riceburner700 03-07-2007 09:37 AM

it should just bolt right into the integra if the b18 came out of it and dropped into your car

Savatage 03-07-2007 01:49 PM

id treat it like a normal swap, axles, tranny, engine, ecu, wire harness and so on...just wondering if the d16 will drop into the teggy like the b18 will the civic...with the exception of motor mounts.....could i just swap the motor mounts from the 2 cars? mounts out of the teggy to go with civic and visa-versa or will i have to buy aftermarket mounts?

Savatage 03-12-2007 01:58 PM

:bump: so can the stock mounts out of the civic be used to put the d16y8 into the tegg?

skylinecivic 03-12-2007 07:03 PM

if u put the b series motor 2 a civic u need the bak mounts from a gsr and transmission everything else u can used the orginal mount 4 it....but why put a d series motor in a intgera never ever have i seen that done before...but in this word anything is possible well if ur selling the shell of the acura and live near mi i will buy it off of u...

ej6buddy 03-12-2007 07:45 PM

just throw the b18 into the integra, you'll see a lot less headaches

Savatage 03-12-2007 11:32 PM

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

just throw the b18 into the integra, you'll see a lot less headaches
I am going to be buying a compleat integra with a b18 already in it and take the engine to put in my civic, and take my old engine (d16y8) and put into the integra and resell it. why not just buy the integra and keep it and sell the civic you may ask, reason is the civic is already paid for, and i have already done stuff to the inside and such...besides i like my civic :). by putting the d16 into the integra and reselling it ill be able to make almost all of my money back...if not all of it and essentualy get a b18 engine for free