HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   gsr compression / hp (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/gsr-compression-hp-51735/)

RCJr9186 09-11-2007 06:24 AM

gsr compression / hp

i know that the CR in a stock gsr is 10:1. i'm looking forprobably about 300whp out of this engine in my lil del slow. what would be the HP gain from dropping a set of 12.5:1 cr pistons in there along w/ a moderatly built head (3 angle valve job, new high reving springs and cams.)?

Marty 09-11-2007 07:28 AM

RE: gsr compression / hp

the gain? maybe about 45 to 50hp so you would maybe have around 210 to 220whp

RCJr9186 09-11-2007 09:50 AM

aight i know you aren't a human dyno but let me just run this by you and see what you can come up w/...
street built head w/ 1mm oversized ferra lightweight valves, very very nice springs and retainers for high reving, set of 272's, 3 angle valve job, and a set of ITB's up top.
2.26l stroked bottom end w/ 12.5:1 compression, lightweight and knifeedged crank and a lightweight flywheel.
completely dyno tuned (probably w/ aem ems). basically as nice of a street all motor warrior you could want.
i was thinking 260-290 area?

Pete 09-11-2007 10:39 AM

Or just run a little boost, save money and hit the HP mark. Why do you want 300hp? You know what a 250whp del sol will do? GSR Swap and like 5psi on a larger turbo will give more power than you need.

Marty 09-11-2007 10:50 AM

ORIGINAL: RCJr9186

aight i know you aren't a human dyno but let me just run this by you and see what you can come up w/...
street built head w/ 1mm oversized ferra lightweight valves, very very nice springs and retainers for high reving, set of 272's, 3 angle valve job, and a set of ITB's up top.
2.26l stroked bottom end w/ 12.5:1 compression, lightweight and knifeedged crank and a lightweight flywheel.
completely dyno tuned (probably w/ aem ems). basically as nice of a street all motor warrior you could want.
i was thinking 260-290 area?
Built all motor B series peak around 240 to 250whp on race gas with alot of money invested. The setup you describe would be hard to tune on pump gas and even after you did get it tuned the power would be brought down because timing restrictions needed to get it to run on said pump gas. On top of that your looking at over heating issue's associated with stroking and boring a engine that much. In the end a engine of that size is limited all motor because they can in the end only pump so much air.

RCJr9186 09-12-2007 07:45 AM

alrighty. Thanks for the help Marty. that's pretty much what i was looking for. so building an all motor b18 is basically just a waste unless you only want 250'ish whp. alrighty, well turbo it is. and since it's gonna be turbo'd... gotta run something decent sized ;)something along the lines of a gt30r. yea, that oughta do it :D

RCJr9186 09-12-2007 07:52 AM

oh and Pete, i've always wanted a bad @$$ all motor car... i duno why but when i see a nice looking b-series or k20 all motor sittin in a car w/ ITB's, built and can out run an EVO.... there's just something about that that is just BADD!!!! i duno. but a turbo will do the job just fine.