HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   haha Internals... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/haha-internals-22609/)

thedougler 05-25-2006 01:25 AM

haha Internals...

Wow i posted my questions about internals in the wrong section...i should get to bed!:D admin might wannt to delete the other one

Do you guys think that a stroker kit for a d16y8 would be a good thing to get? Also when im getting new rods and pistons since im turboing my car I should probaly go with about 9.0:1 or 8.5:1 ? What kind of pistons and rods should i get, dome pistons? And sleeving...what is required to put in aftermarket sleeves? Expensive? Lots of effort? Thanks!

larsenracing 05-25-2006 12:19 PM

RE: haha Internals...

A stroker kit will give you more torque. I would go with the 8.5:1 so you can run a tuch more boost also would recomend wisco pistons and eagle rods they are a good combination.

AgentofDarkness 05-25-2006 04:26 PM

Domed pistons will give you a higher compression ratio. If you want to go with a turbo/supercharger set up you will want to go with a low compression ratio but a super low compression ratio will make your car very boring to drive when the turbo isn't spooled. Maybe you want to go with a 9 or 9.5 CR. If your rebuilding the engine, go with forged everything so you can run a higher amount of boost. Sleeves are not really needed unless you plan to run 500+HP.

riceburner700 05-25-2006 09:13 PM

they are always nice to have though^^^^

Nail I3unny 05-26-2006 01:16 PM

id run a 9.0:1cr.

if you really want a stroker kit look at crower. theyre known for their stroker kits.

if you're going to boost you might wanna overbore too to keep the bore/stroke ratio fairly square. if you do that you might as well get someone to put some good performance sleeves in it.

thedougler 05-27-2006 04:03 PM

yea i was planning on running 9.0:1cr

ill look into those stroker kits...i dont think that i really need one though

lots of guys get the SOHC to high enough horsepower with some good pistons, rods, block guard, valves, springs, and retainers without, but definately something i might look into, also does a say 9lb flywheel help? or waste of money

Nail I3unny 05-27-2006 08:41 PM

ive read somewhere that a lightened flywheel reduces your ability to accelerate, but that might be a bunch of BS.

for a long time i was looking at getting a stroker kit too...but now im thinking i probably wont. they will help a lot on a d16 tho.

AgentofDarkness 05-28-2006 12:31 AM

A lighter flywheel should make it alot easier to accelerate b/c there is less wieght to turn.

thedougler 05-28-2006 03:32 AM

but it also decelerates quicker correct? It doesnt have the mass to slow it down but neither the inertia to keep it moving:D

Nail I3unny 05-28-2006 10:56 AM

maybe that was it...it accellerates quicker but looses speed quicker too...i'll have to go find where i read that and see.