HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   haha Internals... (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/haha-internals-22609/)

thedougler 05-25-2006 01:25 AM

haha Internals...

Wow i posted my questions about internals in the wrong section...i should get to bed!:D admin might wannt to delete the other one

Do you guys think that a stroker kit for a d16y8 would be a good thing to get? Also when im getting new rods and pistons since im turboing my car I should probaly go with about 9.0:1 or 8.5:1 ? What kind of pistons and rods should i get, dome pistons? And sleeving...what is required to put in aftermarket sleeves? Expensive? Lots of effort? Thanks!

larsenracing 05-25-2006 12:19 PM

RE: haha Internals...

A stroker kit will give you more torque. I would go with the 8.5:1 so you can run a tuch more boost also would recomend wisco pistons and eagle rods they are a good combination.

AgentofDarkness 05-25-2006 04:26 PM

Domed pistons will give you a higher compression ratio. If you want to go with a turbo/supercharger set up you will want to go with a low compression ratio but a super low compression ratio will make your car very boring to drive when the turbo isn't spooled. Maybe you want to go with a 9 or 9.5 CR. If your rebuilding the engine, go with forged everything so you can run a higher amount of boost. Sleeves are not really needed unless you plan to run 500+HP.

riceburner700 05-25-2006 09:13 PM

they are always nice to have though^^^^

Nail I3unny 05-26-2006 01:16 PM

id run a 9.0:1cr.

if you really want a stroker kit look at crower. theyre known for their stroker kits.

if you're going to boost you might wanna overbore too to keep the bore/stroke ratio fairly square. if you do that you might as well get someone to put some good performance sleeves in it.

thedougler 05-27-2006 04:03 PM

yea i was planning on running 9.0:1cr

ill look into those stroker kits...i dont think that i really need one though

lots of guys get the SOHC to high enough horsepower with some good pistons, rods, block guard, valves, springs, and retainers without, but definately something i might look into, also does a say 9lb flywheel help? or waste of money

Nail I3unny 05-27-2006 08:41 PM

ive read somewhere that a lightened flywheel reduces your ability to accelerate, but that might be a bunch of BS.

for a long time i was looking at getting a stroker kit too...but now im thinking i probably wont. they will help a lot on a d16 tho.

AgentofDarkness 05-28-2006 12:31 AM

A lighter flywheel should make it alot easier to accelerate b/c there is less wieght to turn.

thedougler 05-28-2006 03:32 AM

but it also decelerates quicker correct? It doesnt have the mass to slow it down but neither the inertia to keep it moving:D

Nail I3unny 05-28-2006 10:56 AM

maybe that was it...it accellerates quicker but looses speed quicker too...i'll have to go find where i read that and see.

MY99SI 05-28-2006 11:22 AM

well that can be a double edged sword if u have a powerful turbo motor. the faster it revs the less useable the power band will be, you would have to be switching gears very quickly and worry aobut breakin transmissions and synchros. me personally im using a stock flywheel by choice b/c im swapping bout my b16a2 for a jdm b16a with internals for boost .