Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Idle Problem Can't Find The Solution

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2018, 12:09 AM
Default Idle Problem Can't Find The Solution

I've been having idle problems a lot with my 2006 Honda Civic SI. Originally I cleaned the throttle body and replaced the MAF and it fixed the problem, the problem has came back recently and I cant figure out what the problem is. It idles wildly and stalls out but whenever I have the MAF unplugged it runs fine it just wont go over 3k rpm. The only code It is throwing is my MAF and IAT which are the same sensor. I was thinking of just getting a flash pro and deleting my MAF but if anyone can help me fix this problem it'll save me 700 bucks.

Old 07-31-2018, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Josiah York
I've been having idle problems a lot with my 2006 Honda Civic SI. Originally I cleaned the throttle body and replaced the MAF and it fixed the problem, the problem has came back recently and I cant figure out what the problem is. It idles wildly and stalls out but whenever I have the MAF unplugged it runs fine it just wont go over 3k rpm. The only code It is throwing is my MAF and IAT which are the same sensor. I was thinking of just getting a flash pro and deleting my MAF but if anyone can help me fix this problem it'll save me 700 bucks.
You seem to be doing random, arbitrary, RADICAL changes to the design of the vehicle.
You are also NOT using any kind of rational troubleshooting technique.
Do you think that YOU are better at designing motor vehicles than Honda? :-)