Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

HELP!! love to run on high RPM but dont wanna damage the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 11:33 AM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: HELP!! love to run on high RPM but dont wanna damage the car

im not trying to be an @ss please done take it that way.... but beating on your car all day long will hurt the whole car all over and you as well.

ive been there with my old 66impala. i hammered on that thing ALL THE TIME.... and i paid for it. blew every oil ring on the motor, smoked like a freight train down the road! transmision slipping, busted springs/shocks, repeated new brakes over and over..... had to drop in a new motor, tranny still slipping alittle. and takes like what 3-5years for tickets to fall off your record so i paid those as well as the higher insurance rates from them. luckely i never wrecked that car but i did come close several times! and being young and stupid it probably made me braver that i really was driving all stupid!

i look back now and say DAM I WAS STUPID! the cost for going faster just wasnt worth it!

a civic is not made to be a sports car. remember that! love it for the MPG at least thats the main reason i love both of mine.LOL 30+ MPG compared to my 66impalas like 12-13mpg and my old trucks 16mpg. expetialy if gas does hit 4bucks a gallon this summer!