HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Honda civic 05 upgrade questions (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/honda-civic-05-upgrade-questions-18183/)

Evil 03-08-2006 02:02 AM

Honda civic 05 upgrade questions

Hey what's up i'm new to the forums. I bought myself a 05 civic about half a year ago, and i want to put a little more horsepower into my car. Alot of people tell me the easiest way is to install a supercharge. now i've read a little bit up on this and it's a little out of my price range. I have to spend about 800$ and i'm totaly lost as to what i need to put in my car to make it go a bit faster. I read about cams and headers and engine swaps and all this stuff... when i really want to buy something NEW that is good for the car and not from some scrap yard, i hate using "hand-me-down" anything(childhood issues i'm sure)

So anyways, could someone please explain to me what i can use 800 bucks for to put in my 05 civic LX special edition that might make it go that much faster. What are some good brand names? And can i get some correct spellings so i can google these names for prices and such? Also, i'm totaly nub to the car building/upgrading/pimping/generalrefueling(ftw) so please break it down barny style for me. Could you guys also list the horsepower gain i will get?

I would really appreciate the help... thanks

Chimera02EX 03-08-2006 08:44 AM

RE: Honda civic 05 upgrade questions

No one makes a SC for the 7th gens, best you can do there is a turbo. Gonna cost more than 800 though. Won't get SC gains from anything but a turbo. Could go I/H/E, pulleys but won't see anywhere nears gains like a turbo or SC.

Evil 03-08-2006 03:26 PM

Yea I was wondering that... i see that i can get some Air and exaust outputs, but a SC(which would be the best gain at my current HP i beleave) cost me 3k!

eek.

Any other sugjestions would be nice. :p

baker 03-08-2006 04:17 PM

you can't get a supercharger for our car and a turbo would run at least 1200.

Nail I3unny 03-08-2006 05:22 PM

aaaactually a turbo would give you more power than a SC.

but a turbo kit for a 7th would be in the 2000-3000 range.

Evil 03-08-2006 09:42 PM

mmm, that's weird cause i saw a couple of postings online somewhere where places where selling them for like 3k.

Yea i kno turbos have more rpm blah blah blah. But fact of the matter is i don't have the money for a min after shut down switch kit thing-o-mo-bob. :p and i've heard bad things about nasty wear and tear on the engine and the turbo if u don't do it. And i've also heard after market fans, or whatever the part was, suck ass.. so yea. Turbo is nogo for me.

Nail I3unny 03-09-2006 02:53 PM

a turbo wont put any more wear on your engine than a supercharger running at the same pressure. in fact it will put less wear on it because it actually takes power from the engine to drive a supercharger.

turbos are cheaper than superchargers

and nobody makes a supercharger for the non-Si 7th gen civics anyway.

Evil 03-09-2006 07:08 PM

I ment wear on the turbo, they can be expencive... I've seen up to 3k

Nail I3unny 03-10-2006 04:02 PM

yeah....UP TO 3k. superchargers START at at LEAST 3k.