HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Hood issues, it got worse (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/hood-issues-got-worse-5215/)

Mad7s 05-02-2005 08:58 PM

Hood issues, it got worse

Well, as some of you might recall, a couple weeks ago wasn't the greatest for me. Some thieves broke into my car and screwed some things up. Well, to add to the fun, I find out today that my hood latch lever is like butter. I pull it a couple times and the hood just stays shut. I felt up under the grill for a bit and found the wire and ball that's supposed to be attached to the latch no longer was. I'm guessing these guys yanked on the lever so hard when they broke into my car, that stripped something over and caused this to happenh.

Anyways, the thing is I have NO IDEA how to get my hood open now. I tried going underneath, but the radiator and its cap block my path to the latch. It's a 4th gen hatchback so if you have ANY IDEA how I migh tackle this other than taking it in, I'd appreciate it.

jwsimons 05-08-2005 02:28 PM

RE: Hood issues, it got worse

you might be able to use screwdriver or something from underneath, or take the cable loose from the inside to maximize the slack in the line, then maybe you could get the cable to slip back in long enough for one opening at least. after seeing the date, im probably too late, so did you get in?

Mad7s 05-08-2005 06:55 PM

Nope, I was about to take it in to my mechanic tomorrow and have him take a stab at it. I'll try your idea first though. Thanks for the response dude.

jwsimons 05-08-2005 08:10 PM

good luck, just dont get MAD it o.k.

Mad7s 05-11-2005 06:32 PM

Finally got it! Had to take off the front bumper to be able to get up in there.

Nail I3unny 05-11-2005 07:24 PM

well at least u got it right? keep ur car in a garage man

plasmakill 05-17-2005 07:31 AM

wish i had a dang garage, f'n apartments. my car is covered in yellow pollen dammit!

Nail I3unny 05-17-2005 03:21 PM

yeah this one guy whos in college now had a 98 something camaro that had white spots on the paint job at one point cuz there was a tree right over his parking spot at his apartment, and it like actually started getting under his clearcoat and damaging the paint job.

Mad7s 05-17-2005 06:50 PM

keep ur car in a garage man
I'm working on it dude. I got a put load of Legos (like hundreds of pounds) in my garage from my childhood which my sister is going to take when she comes down next week for her daughter and our other sister's boys. Then I'll be able to clear an area out and it's going right in. And yeah, screw pollen.

Nail I3unny 05-18-2005 06:14 PM

ORIGINAL: Mad7s

And yeah, screw pollen.
lmao