HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   I need an educated opinon on hp (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/i-need-educated-opinon-hp-75145/)

steeledrummer32908 04-28-2009 01:00 PM

I need an educated opinon on hp

i have a 92' Civic DX with a high compression ZC/d15 ...
i have a AEM cold air intake, OBX Intake Manifold, new headers/ downpipe, a Hi Flow Catalytic Converter, dual exhaust, 10mm sparkwires etc.. and tons of suspension work.
im tryin to get an estimate of my HP. i figure its around 150-166. any ideas?
any questions, let me know

trustdestruction 04-28-2009 01:06 PM

no way

more like 130

xsteinbachx 04-28-2009 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by steeledrummer32908 (Post 639223)
i have a 92' Civic DX with a high compression ZC/d15 ...
i have a AEM cold air intake, OBX Intake Manifold, new headers/ downpipe, a Hi Flow Catalytic Converter, dual exhaust, 10mm sparkwires etc.. and tons of suspension work.
any questions, let me know

This is the 3rd F*cking time you've posted this. I gave your answer the 2nd time. I apologize for my rudeness, but What The F*ck.

1st time
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=74830

i have a 92' Civic DX with a ZC/d15
2nd time
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...ad.php?t=74606

i have a 92' Civic DX with a ZC/d15
My answer to your 2nd thread jack

3hp for the cai
5hp for the header
2hp for the cat
5hp for the exhaust

(these are all +/- but still close)

what d15 motor do you have?

Btw this is the 2nd time you've thread jacked. Create your own thread or do a search.

inthezoneac 04-28-2009 01:13 PM

if that's the stock engine I would say 105WHP MAX

steeledrummer32908 04-28-2009 01:38 PM

first of all..wow
you need to take a chill pill. i would apologize to you for not getting answer, but i wont. because there is an infinite amount of space out there, and the fact that you got your feelings hurt that i took up a couple inches more then was needed due to lack of forum experience..lol give a noob a break

okay n.e way... i did a little research and the specs for my engine is like 106 hp at stock. and the parts that i bought advertise certain performance increases and thats what i was adding. i understand that they prob high ball them amounts but give me a sec and i'll get them

trustdestruction 04-28-2009 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by steeledrummer32908 (Post 639240)
first of all..wow
you need to take a chill pill. i would apologize to you for not getting answer, but i wont. because there is an infinite amount of space out there, and the fact that you got your feelings hurt that i took up a couple inches more then was needed due to lack of forum experience..lol give a noob a break

okay n.e way... i did a little research and the specs for my engine is like 106 hp at stock. and the parts that i bought advertise certain performance increases and thats what i was adding. i understand that they prob high ball them amounts but give me a sec and i'll get them

they don't just high ball the gains, they flat out lie. You cannot go by any of those advertisements or even close to what they say.

What brands are all the parts you mentioned? It helps to know, as some headers are better than others, for example.

steeledrummer32908 04-28-2009 01:43 PM

heres a few
D-Series Stainless Steel Racing Performance Header!!
4-2-1 Stainless Steel Racing Header
Brand New and ready to ship
High quality T304 Stainless Steel material piping with CNC Machine Made Flanges
Directly fits on the Stock Honda Civic D-series Sohc Engine
Light weight Design.
Increases ~ 10-15 HP
__________________________________________________ _________________
Increase Air Flow and Performance
100% High Quality Stainless Steel with Polish Finish Surface
Increase 5-10 Horse Power
Straight Thru, Direct Bolt-on Design
Easy to Install
This Test Pipe / Resonator is for Race and Performance, Off Road only.
__________________________________________________ _____________________
OBX High Power Air Intake Manifold Systems
Made from T-6061 lightweight billet aluminum and chrome plated
Increased volumetric efficiency by 70% over stock intake manifold
10-15 horsepower increase
Utilizes factory sensor positions and auxiliaries
Accepts up to 66 mm throttle body
Lifetime warranty from manufacturer defects

trustdestruction 04-28-2009 01:49 PM

Okay, a few things. eBay generic headers suck and you might get 1hp from it.

That's not a high flow catalytic converter, it's a test pipe. A catalytic converter has a catalyst in it, and what you have doesn't. You probably gained 4hp from the test pipe, but it's illegal, smells horrible, pollutes more, and makes the exhaust raspy. You need to get a real high flow cat. You will only lose 1hp by switching from test pipe to high flow catalytic converter.

OBX Intake manifold might gain you 5hp, but probably less since OBX doesn't make very good parts.

Question: why do you buy the cheapest parts possible? If you're not gonna do it right, you might as well not do it at all. Higher quality parts give you better gains and have better construction/fitment.

steeledrummer32908 04-28-2009 02:00 PM

lol, i went cheap cause im 21, married and have a 1 year old and wife is prego again. not alot of extra cash lol

trustdestruction 04-28-2009 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by steeledrummer32908 (Post 639247)
lol, i went cheap cause im 21, married and have a 1 year old and wife is prego again. not alot of extra cash lol

was it even worth it to go cheap though?