HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   i need to get to the bottom of this (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/i-need-get-bottom-52412/)

03civiclxcoupe 09-20-2007 07:26 PM

i need to get to the bottom of this

sometimes, usually, my car makes a high pitch whine noise when acclerating but it stops when all the electronics in the car are turned off. but there was one time...it was making the noise the night before so the next day i put on my lights and my stereo and a/c and rear defroster and it didn't make the noise...and then the next day i did the same...and theres the noise..i have a new 160 amp alternator and new battery...this is the only thing wrong with my car that i can't figure out and it realllllyyy makes me mad...someone pleassseee help

Forty04 09-21-2007 03:38 AM

RE: i need to get to the bottom of this

Did it make the noise prior to installing the new alternator?

03civiclxcoupe 09-21-2007 06:43 AM

yes

03civiclxcoupe 09-21-2007 06:46 AM

thought it was the alternator at first so got a new one then a couple weeks later got a new battery just bcuz someone said maybe its bcuz the battery isn't holding a charge and i figued 60 bucks for a battery worth a try its gonna b time for a new one anyway coming up on 50k miles....maybe its the starter? i also have a buzzing in my speakres that im statign to think may just b the CD player....but sometimes with the auto start i get in the car anyway and turn the key and the stater screatches bcuz the car is already on and its just a froce of habit to start it when u get in but does the starter do anything once the ar is already on?

03civiclxcoupe 09-21-2007 06:51 AM

it all started one day when i went to a local car audio shop and they setup my 4 channel amplifier for me

but i since replaced the amp and the speakers and the alternator and battery and still got the same problem

Forty04 09-21-2007 09:23 AM

Talk to the people who did the install. Sounds like they did some hacked wiring.

Also, check all your grounds

03civiclxcoupe 09-21-2007 09:27 AM

no when i first got the system installed it was fine for a month or so i checked all the grounds

03civiclxcoupe 09-21-2007 09:28 AM

i think the buzzing from the spaekrs may be the cd player but what i want to know if what the high pitch whining is from under the hood

warner_ro 09-22-2007 11:03 AM

it's your ground wire from your stereo, i install stereos and i had this same exact problem. it's a frequency distortion and when re positioning your ground wire, should go away. the noise would be comming from your head unit/stereo. drill a new hole under your back seat and attach the ground wire there. or if you dont wanna relocate your ground wire, scrape the paint off from around the surface of where your ground wire is. that will stop the high noise. either way though, wen relocating your ground wire you need to strip off the paint on the frame.

03civiclxcoupe 09-22-2007 01:46 PM

so your saying the bad ground may be causing the high pitch noise from under the hood? and the buzzing from the speakers?