HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   I think I've made my decision FIvsNA (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/i-think-ive-made-my-decision-fivsna-52758/)

00IntegraLS 09-26-2007 03:02 PM

I think I've made my decision FIvsNA

So I've been debating whether to go FI or stay NA.....and the verdict is...NA.

Main reasoning is if I went FI I would have to get a new exhaust, get rid of my header, re-do this, re-do that, do this do that.... yea, I dont think so.

I'll just leave it NA. I have intake, header, exhaust now. I plan on doing a vtec head swap, intake manifold, throttle body, tune next summer.

my car is a 2000 integra ls with stock 140 hp. Anyone think I can be pushing 200 horsepower with all of the mods I just listed? Also any other ideas would be great.

Lost 09-26-2007 05:05 PM

RE: I think I've made my decision FIvsNA

Ill get burned for saying this but I think N/A is a friggin art form, your not just forcing your engine to work. Anyway, your not going to get anywhere near 200hp with those mods. You need some high compression pistons, a good header (RMF), good cams.

Forty04 09-27-2007 05:00 AM

Everyone thinks N/A is "easier/cheaper" I hope that had nothing to do with you making this decision, because its far from fact.

Good luck with your build

riceburner700 09-27-2007 05:30 AM

if your going all motor i would do an b20 vtec, with some good internals people are getting around 240whp out of those but thats pushing it. There is nothing wrong with a b18vtec if you want to keep your block. I would suggest:

high comp pistons 11.0.1+
i-beam rods
arp rod and head bolts
ported/polished head
3 angle valve job
duel springs and retainers
nice header
nice intake manifold or ITB
bigger injectors
decent intake system
etc.

All motor builds are cool, i just did a clinder head for a guy running a b20vtec and hes running e-85. Cant wait for the numbers

Lost 09-27-2007 06:29 AM

whats e-85?

adrian64 09-27-2007 07:14 AM

ORIGINAL: Lost

Ill get burned for saying this but I think N/A is a friggin art form, your not just forcing your engine to work. Anyway, your not going to get anywhere near 200hp with those mods. You need some high compression pistons, a good header (RMF), good cams.
if you build and tune your engine right for boost, you shouldn't be forcing it to work properly.

I've seen some pretty cool things coming from n/a builds but I think it would be easier just droping some forged pistons and build your head then slap a turbo kit on, you'd get more horses overall. however I do quite enjoy the feel of a good n/a build so its all up to you

mxs 09-27-2007 09:14 AM

ORIGINAL: 00IntegraLS

I have intake, header, exhaust now. I plan on doing a vtec head swap, intake manifold, throttle body, tune next summer.
my car is a 2000 integra ls with stock 140 hp. Anyone think I can be pushing 200 horsepower with all of the mods I just listed?
No...

Marty 09-27-2007 09:54 AM

All motor is no harder than forced induction, power output will be alot different but in the end there is no diference in puttind a 8.5 to 1 compression piston in vs a 11.5 to 1 compression piston. Just a different part selection and as far as clearencing(plasti-gauge) you should clearence any engine you build.

Lost 09-27-2007 11:43 AM

ORIGINAL: adrian64

ORIGINAL: Lost

if you build and tune your engine right for boost, you shouldn't be forcing it to work properly.

I've seen some pretty cool things coming from n/a builds but I think it would be easier just droping some forged pistons and build your head then slap a turbo kit on, you'd get more horses overall. however I do quite enjoy the feel of a good n/a build so its all up to you

I never said anyting about forcing an engine to work properly. I mean that with a turbo your just forcing the engine to make power. You dont have to worry about the little things like you do with an N/A build. ex. port and polish is a must have with N/A to make good power, where if you had a turbo running you could just up the boost to compensate for no p&p.

Forty04 09-28-2007 04:20 AM

ORIGINAL: Marty

All motor is no harder than forced induction, power output will be alot different but in the end there is no diference in puttind a 8.5 to 1 compression piston in vs a 11.5 to 1 compression piston. Just a different part selection and as far as clearencing(plasti-gauge) you should clearence any engine you build.
I said it wasn't any cheaper/easier. But, while we're on the topic, tell me how completely rebuilding the head, block etc is easier than strapping upa budget junkyard boost setup. It's not, and the boost will make more power.