HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   im smokin!!! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/im-smokin-27421/)

Ohiocivic 08-17-2006 04:02 PM

im smokin!!!

well i dont know what the h*ll is goin on but my car blows a lot of black smoke out the exhaust when i get on it hard. also i went to go check the oil last night and when i pulled the dipstick out, to my amazment there was a dot of oil on it, yes folks, A DOT. so im burning an awful lot of oil. i have had some oil stains in my garage but nothing that would make up 5 quarts. im not sure exactly what is going on but if anyone knows please help me out. im kinda pissed that the motor is f*cking up on me but also kinda happy cuz now i have a good reason to do a motor swap. so like lil john says "yeah"
BTW, i know pretty much nothing about engines so thats why i came here to try'n figure out what i should do or how to fix it. so any comments are welcomed and greatly appreciated.

Nail I3unny 08-17-2006 04:16 PM

RE: im smokin!!!

is it black or dark blue? black would mean you're running rich and burning gas in the tailpipe, but blue means your burning oil which seems much more likely.

Ohiocivic 08-17-2006 06:00 PM

yes, it is black smoke. so from what u said it looks like i have two problems on my hands? is there an easy way to fix this or do i need to start ripping apart the engine?

importcivicus 08-17-2006 07:41 PM

You also might have ate up some rings if your losing oil so...Its up to you man...Either get new rings or do any engine swap. So its up to you man.

Ohiocivic 08-17-2006 08:49 PM

as of right this minute im thinkn about just pouring oil in it whenever and buying a motor and building it up and wait for this one to blow up. but im sure ill end up parking it and tearing it apart. only thing that sucks is i dont know what im doin and buy the time i get everything i want for it it will be like 2-3 years before it gets back on the road.

Pete 08-17-2006 08:50 PM

time for a leakdown and compression test.

riceburner700 08-17-2006 10:50 PM

highly recommended^^^

Forty04 08-18-2006 11:00 AM

ORIGINAL: Pete

time for a leakdown and compression test.
Definitely. Don't jump to conclusions too quickly, that'll only bring on more headaches. Run these tests and take it from there.

Ohiocivic 08-18-2006 02:14 PM

where could i have this done at? and what exactly will it tell me

riceburner700 08-18-2006 08:02 PM

you can probably rent both tools at like autozone or checker or any parts store, for a leakdown test you will need a air compressor.

it will tell you the health your engine is in and how well it seals