Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Intake

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 10:04 AM
Default RE: Intake

No, thats a pet name given to me by my g/f when I'm online, since Ultimate-Snip3r!!!11one was too long to type out in games, and it kinda stuck, so i use it on places like forums.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:56 PM

Intake is piping, doesn't matter which brand. Get a cheap Intake and then get an expensive filter, K@N. Cold air intakes don't do much either if you want to get colder air, get a custom intake and attach it to an intercooler. The results from a 200 dollar aem cai are so small its not worth your money. Just my 10 cents.

Old 04-05-2005, 05:54 PM
HCF Member

i have an ebay front mount intake that ISN'T visible for all the people who were about to start the flaming. and i get just as good if not better results than my friends who have aem, injen, iceman ect.. but that's just me.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:03 PM
HCF Member

Intake is piping, doesn't matter which brand. Get a cheap Intake and then get an expensive filter, K@N. Cold air intakes don't do much either if you want to get colder air, get a custom intake and attach it to an intercooler. The results from a 200 dollar aem cai are so small its not worth your money. Just my 10 cents.

As a matter of fact it DOES make a big difference.....many AEM and other reliable companys have feeback to support theyre intakes.......ill make a bet with ya, u get an ebay pos intake and ill get my AEM.....dyno em and see which one makes more power and lasts longer. AEM doesnt just "Use pipes" theyre actually specificaly designed for each model engine at the right angles to achieve most power.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:07 PM
HCF Member

we can go to the dyno anytime you want. just be careful WHO you call out like that though. that person might have a k20 under the hood of their sleeper and spank you and your AEM intake. just my opinion though so relax yourself and stop taking all the posts so damn seriously.

Old 04-05-2005, 06:16 PM
HCF Member

retart i was sayin on the SAME motor..........just to show that you do get what u pay for.

"Has anyone seen my baseball?"

Old 04-05-2005, 08:12 PM
HCF Member

anyways this is getting pointless real quick. weridespinners, you get what you want and let us know what you think. everyone has their own opinion on what works the best. if you don't have alot of $ to work with, then i would recom. getting an ebay brand, if not, then get something brand name and try them out. you'll be surprised at what you find out. good luck!

Old 04-05-2005, 08:49 PM
HCF Member

the vacuum it would take to pull air through an intercooler would negate any power gains from the cooler air. you need some sort of FI to justify the pressure loss.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:49 PM
HCF Member

can i get a AEMN halleluia

Old 04-05-2005, 11:47 PM

I believe the major difference between an AEM intake and a cheapo intake from ebay is 1) the filter, which is the biggest difference between the two, and 2) I believe AEM puts a ceramic coating on their intake tubing to dissapate heat better which helps keep the air cooler. I think the difference in angles between a cheapo and AEM for the piping is very similar cause there isnt much room to play around with on a CAI. If you are looking for a good brand though, I have heard nothing but good things about AEM. But, I think you can save a lot of money by getting a cheaper intake with a K&N filter and spending the money left over on another mod that will pick up the fraction of hp you might lose not going with the AEM and then some.

Quick Reply: Intake