HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   intake manifold install (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/intake-manifold-install-51954/)

tha_next_Kobe 09-14-2007 11:55 AM

intake manifold install

has anyone done an IM install? i've got an edelbrock that i'm probably going to install on my d-series but when i was reading through the instructions it looks like a pretty intense install...would it be best to get it done by a shop? price ranges? thanks!

riceburner700 09-14-2007 01:04 PM

RE: intake manifold install

how mechanicaly inclided are you?

tha_next_Kobe 09-14-2007 01:19 PM

i've done my exhaust, header and intake on my own...i've done wiring for my entire sound system, changed oil and stuff...nothing too intense! haha

Strong Island 09-14-2007 03:34 PM

lol im about to put an edelbrock performer X on my d series this sunday so ill let you know! so far the hardest thing was finding the Gaskets especially the trottle body one......NO ONE in NY has them so i just bought the gasket roll ****.

tha_next_Kobe 09-14-2007 05:24 PM

haha nice! definetly let me know how the install goes brother! my manifold has been sitting in the garage for a few months...needs to get put on there! good luck with the install

Forty04 09-15-2007 04:36 AM

it's not really that hard, just messy and a bit time consuming. Go pick up some "Gasket Remover" and something to scrape the old IM gasket off. Thats the most tedious part of the process. I'd expect to spend at least 1-2 hours just on that part of it. Be damn sure that you get every last little bit of that old gasket off before putting a new one on!

the only other annoyance I can think of is the center bottom bolt that is only accesible from underneath the car, or with tiny wrench movements from above. Might me a good idea to pick up som swivel head wrenches

oh yeah, drain your coolant first ;)

Civic Dx 349 09-15-2007 11:26 AM

When you guys get them installed, lets here a review on them. Im really curious on how well they help out and how bad they kill the low end power without having cams and so on.

Strong Island 09-16-2007 02:10 PM

OMG this install is a bitch!!!!!!!!!! my throttle cable isnt working!!!! i hooked it up and it keeps it at full throttle! any have any ideas....and ihave 2 hoses that i guess i dont need? ill take some pics of it when i figure it out

well seems as if i need a special trottle cable bracket[:@]. and i also cracked the fuel filter casing at the neck. so im done for the day.....i rolled her out into the street and left her.

the good thing is she started!!!! yeah