HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Kepping it N/A, and NOT ls/vtec, how to get more power? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/kepping-n-not-ls-vtec-how-get-more-power-55215/)

00IntegraLS 11-06-2007 01:06 PM

Kepping it N/A, and NOT ls/vtec, how to get more power?

Ok I have talked myself out of turboing my car and also talked myself out of doing an ls/vtec swap. I already have intake, header, exhaust, intake manifold, throttle body. What else can I do for power? After pretty much everything is done that I can do without turbo'ing or swapping heads and stuff like that, how much total power can I expect to end up with? I have 140 stock.

Lost 11-06-2007 01:15 PM

RE: Kepping it N/A, and NOT ls/vtec, how to get more power?

Some cams and high compression pistons., port and polish, itbs. You have probly around 125-130 max whp right now, with all these mods you could net 170-180 whp

00IntegraLS 11-06-2007 01:22 PM

what are itbs, individual throttle bodys right? but what exaclty are they? would it replace my skunk2 throttle body that I have or what?

so a port/polish, itbs, cams, pistons, and maybe some bigger cc injectors? would this be what is considered a "built engine"?

MY99SI 11-06-2007 01:38 PM

what is your hp goal to shoot for?

00IntegraLS 11-06-2007 01:40 PM

keeping it n/a and not messing with big swap prjects like I said, I would like 175+ whp

MY99SI 11-06-2007 01:43 PM

you wont make any power with out vtec at least. and even then you'll have to spin it out really high to make alot of power

00IntegraLS 11-06-2007 01:44 PM

I would have no problem spending about 2 grand, after parts and labor, on building my engine.

For the cams should I get stage 2 cams?

what is a website that sells stuff like cams and pistons? I know I'll try ebay but last time i checked pretty much everything is for gsr's

Mr Mobsta Man 11-06-2007 01:53 PM

Your gonna need a stage 3 for that much n/a probably. I really don't think going n/a would be worth it without swapping to a vtec head butI can see why you don't want to do it. $2,000 budget isn't going to work if you are paying someone to do it for you so your gonna have to do it yourself. btw you make ITB's or I think there is somone on hmt or h-t that sells them for $500. I think a good setup would be something like dome pistons, milled head, P&P, ITB's, stage 3 bisimoto cam with Ti valvesprings and retainters arp head studs and rod bolts, bisimoto or SMSP header, 2.25 or 2.5exhaust(2.25, I'm guessing that a b series might need a 2.5, someone else might want to fill that in for me) no cat, and a good tune might get you there.

Oh yea... and there is always nitrous to fill in the rest of the hp you might be looking for. (direct port)

00IntegraLS 11-06-2007 05:24 PM

thank you so much. thats what i like to see, details and brand names. I already have an Apexi WS2 exhaust, megan racing header, and hp racing cold air intake.... if I got ITB's would those replace my skunk2 throttle body that I have but havent installed yet?

kokasian 11-06-2007 05:39 PM

yes, with itbs you no longer have need for your whole factory intake tract