HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   kicking in noise 3 sec after driving..normal?? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/kicking-noise-3-sec-after-driving-normal-8798/)

mill$civic 08-12-2005 04:31 PM

kicking in noise 3 sec after driving..normal??

ok, i made this post a wile ago but i couldent get any help,but i had some more observations, ok, when i start my car(00 civic dx ,stick) (no matter if the motor is hot or not) after i start moving, after about 3 or 4 seconds, i hear a noise from the the engien bay, it it sounds like something is just kicking in, the noise only lasts about 1 second, its a deep tone sound and it would kind of sound as if you rub the side of your tire on something..is this normal?? if not,what could it be?

XCM828 08-12-2005 05:58 PM

RE: kicking in noise 3 sec after driving

If it only happens when you are moving it's probably something wrong with your tranny.

sydmaz 08-12-2005 09:10 PM

could be ure abs
mine does that

mill$civic 08-12-2005 09:51 PM

i no in my old car (sunbird) it was the ABS, when ever it would do that the abs light would go off and if i was pressing on the break at that time it would skip , but i dont think its the abs because the light gos off right after i turn my car on and it dosent skip if im holding the break....do all civics do this tho? or is a problem with my car, thats what i want to no

XCM828 08-13-2005 12:06 AM

He's talkin bout acceleration I think. If your abs comes on during acceleration then you got some major problems.

mill$civic 08-13-2005 12:24 PM

it used to come on with my old car, but ya, i sure its not the abs, so im guessing this dosent happen to all hondas then when you start driving????? cuz if not..i got to go get it checked out..anybody???

accord91 11-17-2006 06:20 AM

RE: kicking in noise 3 sec after driving..normal??

Would love to figure it out myself!!! That noise has progressively gotten louder over approx. 2 yrs now - now, knowin my release bearing was going on my clutch, i jus assumed problem solved!?!? well i was wrong... just replaced clutch and flywheel this wk... noise went away for a couple days... BUT IT IS BACK!!! I spoke with my buddy who installed my clutch and he said tha tranny was in really good shape (for a 91 accord w/ 330K on it)... so if anyone has any ideas... im all ears!!

t34me 11-17-2006 07:57 PM

hmmm...does not sound like one of those typical civic quirks, might not hurt to have it looked at.

riceburner700 11-18-2006 05:56 PM

so its only when you are moving? when you start the car the trannsmission and engine are moving even in neutral. it has to be something that moves as soon as the car starts to roll