HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Lookie Here! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/lookie-here-16595/)

Pete 02-06-2006 08:10 PM

Lookie Here!

I get back from vacation and my new toys are here.......Skunk2 Manifold and a Golden eagle vac manifold...........the damn hondata intake manifold gasket has yet to arrive, so installation is pushed back a bit.........

so how long should this take to install.......i think its going to be a pain in the arse.......

[IMG]local://upfiles/2201/634F26F89E9F4AC3826EB189A56EB02F.jpg[/IMG]

Nail I3unny 02-06-2006 09:18 PM

RE: Lookie Here!

a lot of things join up at the IM. it could take anywhere from a couple hours to a weekend. i bet you'll knock it off in 3 or 4 hours not including beer breaks.

ef4life 02-06-2006 10:09 PM

yeah the manifold won't take to long, just a pain to get the support bracket underneath (if it still has it). make sure to torque the bolts to spec, but you should already know that

one question, what is the vacuum block for? will that manifold not give you sufficent vacuum

riceburner700 02-06-2006 10:17 PM

i think it is for all of your vacuum lines to go into so it doesnt look like lines going everywere.... just cleans it up a bit

Pete 02-06-2006 10:56 PM

Exactly, ive got a vac line coming off the fuel pressure regulator for my boost gauge, and one coming off my PCV line for the BOV. It look like a mess, the vac manifold will allow me to use the brake booster for the source and then the 6 ports will splice it very cleanly.

97civicturbo 02-07-2006 01:17 AM

I did mine a few weeks ago and it was way easy, 2-3 hours. Looks way sweeter than the stocker that's for sure! And don't forget the flow.

Marty 02-07-2006 05:58 AM

lol I can have a single cam out and in another car in about 2 hours. a Intake manifold for me is like a 40 minute job.

Forty04 02-07-2006 07:55 AM

....well aren't you freakin special....

:D I'd have to say a few hours Pete. When working on cars, it seems that having everything work out perfectly the first try, is almost never the case. Theres always some little annoyance along the way.

Nail I3unny 02-07-2006 02:51 PM

i dont remember if its EGs or EKs...i think its probably EGs...its damn near impossible to get to some of the bolts because of how everything is positioned. i think it might have actually been Sniper who had problems with that when he was installing his supercharger

Pete 02-07-2006 03:13 PM

yea, well im going to go buy a torque wrench this week, and as soon as the hondata gasket gets here im going to get up at 8am and tackle the project.....there are only 7 bolts holding the actual manifold on, im going to take my time though. Im very curious to see how much power this is going to add......maybe ill bolt a test pipe up that day too.