Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Lookin for HP and nice sound

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2007, 12:22 PM
Default Lookin for HP and nice sound

Wuz good guys... I just bought a 2007 LX coupe and am looking to get it to sound real nice... I bought the SI's exhaust and I like the way that sounds but I want more... The thing is, I want it to sound classy while having it get some lloks when I rev that engine a lil... I have been considering a short-ram cold air intake (AEM, Fujita, or K&N) but before making this purchase I would like to hear some feedback... You should know that horsepower isn't as importanta to me as look/sound is... Let me know what you guys think... and if you have any specific tips that might make my ride a lil nicer to look at I would definitely welcome those!! pz out

Old 09-28-2007, 01:00 PM
Super Cereal Admin
Default RE: Lookin for HP and nice sound

Welcome to the forum!

Anyways, an intake and a header will make the car a little louder. However, an intake, to someone who doesn't know much about cars, probably sounds something like a belt squeaking. I've never heard anything about it, but I imagine getting a high-flow cat might make a car's exhaust a little louder since there's more flow than stock. And I know you already have an SI exhaust, but check into twin-loop exhausts. The Mugen twin-loop is flat-out the sexiest sounding exhaust I have ever heard on a civic.

Old 09-29-2007, 01:54 PM

if you want something loud and sounds good, apexi N1, or skunk2 (70mm). for catbacks.
i also recommend injen CAI, or SRI. they make good stuff. i have the CAI, and my buddy has the SRI., and that sounds real nice.
i had 20's on my LX, and people say, "oh why would you do that???" but then once they saw it everyone thought they were awesome. no one had a LX like mine. i also had a rediculous stereo system in it. and a exhaust. here is a pic of the car below...

Old 09-29-2007, 02:56 PM

hahaha yea man, real real nice!! i love it in that color, I have it in alabaster silver just cuz I dont have as much time as I would like to to wash it and wax it! but props on the car, looooove the rims man!

Old 09-29-2007, 03:27 PM

rims are for sale.. the person bought the car, but couldnt afford the rims.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:30 PM

rims have about 100 miles on them, same as tires. like as soon as i put the rims on, ppl were making offers on the car. so i sold the car for alomst what i paid for it brand new.

paid 17,100
sold for 16,500 (stock, no rims or stereo)
car had over 22,000 miles on it, was a 2006 LX

Old 09-29-2007, 03:30 PM

hahah wish i had enough money cuz they're hot but I'm not workin right now cuz o school... maybe in like 4 or 5 years... do you have a lay away plan lol

Old 09-29-2007, 03:35 PM

i am only lookin for 1100 for em'. there brand new and the tires on them are worth over 800 alone. i can do a payment plan. lol.... depends on where you live and if you want'em shipped. none the less, anyone says 20;s are gay on a civic, they'll be jerkin themselves to your ride once you roll up.

Old 09-29-2007, 03:48 PM

i live in PR, but regardless hahaha I just can't afford them right now... they are definitely a great buy tho and I dont doubt that ppl will be jerkin themselves when they see them lol... I gotta say I am tempted but I would have to drop out of college for like a year just to pay for them hahahah but thx a lot anyway!! good luck selling them, just put em on ebay, shouldnt take long

Old 09-29-2007, 04:17 PM

yea i prob will do that. PR is sick, amaizing girls... like i've never seen more blazin girls in one place then in PR... i loved PR so much that i picked up a PR chick who;s been my girl for like 2 yrs now... have fun down there man, 'i wish i was there. yea, i'd trade my rims to be there... i am in rhode island right now working and stuff so. have fun in school and bag bitties.