HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   ls v-tec turbo it? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/ls-v-tec-turbo-4983/)

hondabboy 04-25-2005 10:57 AM

ls v-tec turbo it?

hey guys i got a ls v-tec coming on the way [sm=bounceybounce.gif] cant wait cant wait!! other than that i was wondering after the ls v-tec should i boost it cause i heard bad stories about the ls v-tec and its blowing up scenes. anyways thanks.

jdmekb16 04-25-2005 08:58 PM

RE: ls v-tec turbo it?

well keep the boost down, and build it properly (sleeves, pistons, rods, valvetrain) and get a good engine management system (aem ems, hondata) and you should be fine. boostheads love the ls/vtec combo. you get the displacement of a b18, plus the higher revving capability of the vtec motors, and it is not too expensive. so run 16-18 psi non intercooled on stock internals [&:]

sacicons 04-25-2005 09:28 PM

its not all that reliable. and unless its built, i would reccomend against any boost. the compression is pretty high, and its not the most reliable motor in the lineup of choices anyway.

hondabboy 04-26-2005 01:27 PM

so wait im getting 2 opinions here but i kinda get where you guys are coming from if i just put the v=tec head on then i shouldn't boost the motor unless i do internal motor work like pistons etc. but if i dont do that then dont put v-tec cause of high compression.

Roost3r 04-26-2005 01:44 PM

yeah your gonna blow up if u do to much like they said.

sacicons 04-26-2005 11:03 PM

actually, i wouldnt boost an LS/Vtec unless it was fully sleeved and balanced. its just not made to be pushed that hard. personally, if i had an LS motor in my car, id just boost it.

Pete 04-26-2005 11:27 PM

ORIGINAL: jdmekb16

well keep the boost down, and build it properly (sleeves, pistons, rods, valvetrain) and get a good engine management system (aem ems, hondata) and you should be fine. boostheads love the ls/vtec combo. you get the displacement of a b18, plus the higher revving capability of the vtec motors, and it is not too expensive. so run 16-18 psi non intercooled on stock internals [&:]

yea bro boost it 18 PSI......goood idea.......thats a TAD too much boost.

hondabboy 04-27-2005 12:27 AM

ahhh sounds logical buuut if i were to go all motor the ls-vtec is a good idea?

sacicons 04-27-2005 08:29 AM

IMO. no. theres a lot of peopel out there that swear by it, but i just dont trust it. the C1 is just a much more well put together block. get the VTEC head and just slowly get parts for it. put type r valves, aftermarket springs and retainers, cams, maybe save up and get a P&P (dont do it yourself) then save up and get a C1 or even a C5 block, and throw it together and have a sweet NA motor.

hondabboy 04-27-2005 01:41 PM

sounds good thanks for the info.