Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Is the mini me legal?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2007, 04:49 PM
HCF Member
Default Is the mini me legal?

And if it is, do i have to get it inspected or is it legal from the get go?

Old 07-08-2007, 05:05 PM
Recognized HCF Member
Default RE: Is the mini me legal?

i dont see why it wouldnt be legal.... its stock parts....... stamped by honda......

Old 07-08-2007, 05:18 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

i dont see why it wouldnt be legal.... its stock parts....... stamped by honda......
Yeah, but california is stupid. so i have to ask.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:23 PM
HCF Member

it's not illegal if you install all factory parts for the mini-me. but if you install an intake with an exhaust of some sort, it will probably be illegal.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:14 PM
HCF Member

But if the conversion turns say an D16y7 into a y8, wouldnt any type of intake/exhaust or even FI be legal as long as it was made for that year/engine??

Old 07-08-2007, 06:26 PM
HCF Member

well, in ca, emissions are very tough, so in order to pass the inspection, you'll pretty much need all restrictive induction and exhaust systems, as well as factory ecu and fuel system i believe. most aftermarket parts usually kill your emissions (i.e. headers, intake, altered fuel maps, aftermarket cat)

Old 07-08-2007, 06:33 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

well, in ca, emissions are very tough, so in order to pass the inspection, you'll pretty much need all restrictive induction and exhaust systems, as well as factory ecu and fuel system i believe. most aftermarket parts usually kill your emissions (i.e. headers, intake, altered fuel maps, aftermarket cat)
They arent that tough. I may not know hondas too well, but i have read a bit here and there on smog laws. You should get through with your aftermarket stuff if its Carb Approved and it passes the sniffer. Which should be possible if you can have a legally turbo'd D16,The altered fuel map would be the real killer.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:36 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Someone111

ORIGINAL: ej6buddy

They arent that tough. I may not know hondas too well, but i have read a bit here and there on smog laws. You should get through with your aftermarket stuff if its Carb Approved and it passes the sniffer. Which should be possible if you can have a legally turbo'd D16,The altered fuel map would be the real killer.
like i said, "pretty much" and "absolutely" are quite different in their meaning.

Old 07-14-2007, 10:02 PM

what the hell is a mini-me

Old 07-14-2007, 10:07 PM

its when you take the head from a non vtec engine and replace it with a vtec head which gives u more horses... its a cheaper alternative to an engine swap....

check this out it explains a lot better

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_45390/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Is the mini me legal?