HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Misfire while i am driving,HELP (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/misfire-while-i-am-driving-help-67325/)

JakeyMan07 07-02-2008 02:52 PM

Misfire while i am driving,HELP

all of a sudden on my 2000 civic ex month ago started misfiring on my civic while i was driving. Its really bad when engine is cold but when it warms up it gets a little better but not much. about 2,500 rpm is where it starts kickin in and i already changed the plugs and gapped them to 1.0-1.1 mm and also just put a new fuel filter on yesterday and tthe car runs good other than that just got 41 mpg the other day on the interstate. Also just to mention it stopped doing it for like 2 to 3 weeks and than started it up again i dunno where to go from here but i am about ready to take it to a mechanic, cause i am about ready to give up lol.
But if you have any questions to ask me than just ask me i would really like to get this fixed cause you cant go anywhere fast all you do is jerk around and o by the way never does it in first gear. thanks honda civic forum!

RonJ 07-02-2008 03:52 PM

RE: Misfire while i am driving,HELP

Is the CEL ON? If so, retrieve the trouble code(s) as described in the link in my signature. Post the codes, if any, in your thread.

You also may want to replace the plug wires, as well as the distributor cap and rotor.

frank_williams 07-02-2008 04:19 PM

Abidjan , Ivory Coast Rue 2 plateaux les perles
Email: frank_williamsfkw6@yahoo.com
My name is frank williams, 24 years from Sierra Leone . My father and I escaped from our country at the heat of the civil war after loosing my mother and two of my senior brothers in the war. As a result of the political instability in my country even after the war, my father established his cocoa and coffee export business in Abidjan , Ivory Coast . He was in Buake,

A northern city to negotiate for the purchase of a cocoa plantation when he was shot and killed by the rebel troupes fighting to take over the Government of the country on the 22nd September, 2002. The death of my father has now made me an orphan and thereby exposing me to danger.
Before the unfortunate death, my late father had in his personal account with a bank here the sum of $18.4m. As a result of the present insecurity of lives and property in this country,

I wish request that you assist me use your account in your country to transfer the balance of my father's account.

Again to assist me with a letter of invitation that will make me get a visa to your country for residence in order for me to continue my education and to invest the fund in a viable business venture.

I am willing to give you 15% while 5% has been earmarked for expenses. If this is acceptable to you,

Send me a mail through my regular e-mail account so that we can discuss further on this matter.
frank williams

JakeyMan07 07-02-2008 06:04 PM

RE: From:frank williams

the cel is like the engine light on the dash or whatever light on dash only lights i have seen is like the seatbelt light and e-brake light but nope no cel lights but yah i was thinkin about changing the wires cap and rotor but i mean i didnt know if it was a fuel problem like fuel pump or low fuel pressure i am sure its a cap rotor and wires but i dont know that is what i am trying to see

glloyd1 10-03-2008 08:33 AM

I am having almost identical symptoms in my 2000 civic dx. It runs smoothly at low speeds at highways speeds it has intermittent power loss. When I accelerate at low speeds it has an initial hickup before it accelerates. I have replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor and yet the symptoms remain. Starting to wonder if it is the coil or Ignition Control Module.

RonJ 10-03-2008 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by glloyd1 (Post 593364)
I am having almost identical symptoms in my 2000 civic dx. It runs smoothly at low speeds at highways speeds it has intermittent power loss. When I accelerate at low speeds it has an initial hickup before it accelerates. I have replaced the spark plugs, spark plug wires, distributor cap, and rotor and yet the symptoms remain. Starting to wonder if it is the coil or Ignition Control Module.

An intermittently faulty coil or ICM is possible, but I'd suggest you first try replacing the fuel filter and checking whether the ignition timing is set to spec.