HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Motor Swap (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/motor-swap-16208/)

clifford_05 01-30-2006 06:30 PM

Motor Swap

I have a 1995 honda civic dx and I'm wanting to do a motorswap for it and get a turbo :). I dont want a really badazz motor I just want something alittle better then stock and I like turbos alot. I thought about getting a b16 motorswap but I'm not sure what would be best to get. What ever motor I get it will be a everyday driven car so I mean I dont want the best of the best just something thats got ok horsepower and something that would go good with a turbo :D. I might also get some turbo blow-off valvues or I might just get a nitrous purge kit.

Nail I3unny 01-30-2006 07:12 PM

RE: Motor Swap

GSR would be the best bet, but if all you can afford is an SiR its a great performer too.

ef4life 01-30-2006 08:31 PM

if you have a sohc vtec just boost that. why spend all the money on a swap and a turbo if you don't really want to go all out. D series respond well to boost and the internals are pretty good untill 225-250hp, anything more than that i consider bad***

Nail I3unny 01-30-2006 08:33 PM

because its a DD and in the long run a stock B will be just as fast and last longer than a turbo D.

BallardCivic 01-30-2006 09:29 PM

Get a hold of an SOHC VTEC and boost that. It doesnt seem like you want gobs of power, so save a couple thousand and just hold onto a D.

clifford_05 01-31-2006 11:31 AM

Right now in my civic all i have is a stock 1.5 sohc and non vtec. I dont want tons and tons of power because Im not gonna race with it but I would still like to have a turboed motor. So I should just get a 1.6 vtec and then just turbo it??

dj_ipirate 01-31-2006 12:08 PM

a friend of mine is have a load of trouble finding a b series tranny. i think there getting hard to find.

jwsimons 01-31-2006 03:14 PM

if you want turbo, no matter what, why not start with the motor you have? vtec is not an essential, to have turbo. and then if you decide you still want even more uummpph, decide how much more power you want, and get the apropriate motor. the turbo will be able to be swapped to the new motor. but if the power gains with your existing motor are sufficient for your needs, you will save buku $. and if im not mistaken your car is obd1 ecu which is supposed to respond to turbo tuning very well. that and change your cam to one more suited for turbo might be all you need.

clifford_05 01-31-2006 06:22 PM

Hey jwsimons I have a 95 honda civic dx stock 1.5 motor. Im not looking for tons of power but alittle more then what I got thats for sure, lol. Can i buy a turbo for my stock 1.5 or will i need a different motor. The motor I have is a sohc non vtec, this motor is the regular motor that came with the car. Im wanting to get headers, a full intake system and a exhaust. Will that be enough to run a turbo or will I need to get a ecu chip and get a cam and some cam gears or what??? I really dont know much about a turbo at all and I know I would like a turbo because I love the way a turbo sounds and plus it will give me some extra power. Because if I can get a turbo for my 1.5 I would like to do that because I dont want to spends thousands and thousands on a motor, im wanting to go alittle more visual then motor. If I cant turbo my 1.5 then Im just gonna go with some easier performance parts. If anyone can tell me if I can get a turbo for my 1.5 that would be great, and what I would need to get a turbo for my car, like the performance parts that I would need that goes along with a turbo, i know intercooler but thats about all I know.

jwsimons 01-31-2006 09:17 PM

you know, im only going by what ive read here, not personal experience. you should start a thread, or do a search in the turbo section. but i di know that there are quite a few people here with sohc nonvtec that are running turbo. that or pm either kapp22, sacicons, pcupo12, they all have experience with this. the main thing ive noticed is that idealy you want an obd1 for tuning, which i beleive you already have.. good luck