HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   My car is laggin (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/my-car-laggin-42865/)

zoso 04-23-2007 08:49 PM

My car is laggin

Ok first off i have a 2000 ex, i have a aem v2 cold air, and dc headers. I just had my timing belt done. My question is when i push on the gas my car laggs till like 3000rpms, then it will kinda take off. I like how it drive after 3000rpms, its nice. But before that it is slow and makes me mad. When i had the timing belt done by my friend at honda (my check engine light came on when i was driving to honda) and my friend hooked it up and said my cat was bad. I though this was wierd but didnt do anything about it. So maybe that could be it. But then a week later i put my headers on and couldnt find where to plug my primary 02 sensor plug, so i have been driving around with that unplugged too. Maybe this could be it. Last it has been 3000 mile from the last time i changed my oil. I am going to change it this weekend. But maybe this could be it too. But one of my friends said my car sounds like it cylinders are smaking and not dropping smoothly, he said this bythe sound it made. Does this sound right or anything, the help would be great, sorry it was so long!

jwsimons 04-24-2007 07:10 AM

RE: My car is laggin

you notced the low performance after the headers were installed????? cause what you describe sounds like its not breathing well untill it gets up enough poweer to suck hard enough to get air.... check your air filter, in fact do a tune-up.... plugss, cap, rotor, wires, etc.

riceburner700 04-24-2007 09:14 AM

ok,
First of go to an exhaust shop and have them weld in a second 02 bung, you should have a o2 before and after your cat.
Second change your oil and filter, couldnt hurt.
Third replace your cat if it needs it, it could be clogged hince hurting your performance. maybe try a tune up as well

zoso 04-24-2007 10:06 AM

There are two 02 sensors, one in the car that goes up into the car, thats the secondary. The primary one is in the middle of the header, i have that end plugged in, where do i plug the square part it is the other end?

riceburner700 04-24-2007 10:07 AM

do you have a pic?

Forty04 04-24-2007 11:11 AM

ORIGINAL: zoso

There are two 02 sensors, one in the car that goes up into the car, thats the secondary. The primary one is in the middle of the header, i have that end plugged in, where do i plug the square part it is the other end?
Dig around in the engine bay, there is another plug that looks shockingly similar to the one you have, and go figure, they connect! :D

zoso 04-24-2007 05:21 PM

Ha really where would this plug be around?

heymikey19 04-24-2007 09:55 PM

my car was doing that and it ended up being the plugs

Forty04 04-25-2007 08:05 AM

ORIGINAL: zoso

Ha really where would this plug be around?
LOOK

its somewhere behind the motor

zoso 04-25-2007 09:01 AM

Ha look bitch... hahaha i will look today, dude forty your a funny man