Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

My civic

Old 09-18-2009, 10:30 PM
Default My civic

So I recently sold my 96 mustang Gt and got a 98 civic dx. Know what's cool? I'm not biased towards muscle or tuner. w00t! Anyway this is where I need a little help.

I can work on v-8s fairly well and have built a few 4 cylinder engines before but never done anything with a Honda. I got my car for the gas mileage but it's a pretty... dull car. No power anything except sunroof. 5spd and 2 door oh and black.

I really would like to put 17 inch black/chrome lip wheels and some re-11 potenzas on it which I'm going to do. But my big big task that I would like to do is a motor swap and some other things. So I need a little help. I can do pretty much any work but when it comes to listing what I need I left that to my father. Well he isn't into tuners so I need more help :P

If you guys can give suggestions then awesome. I'll break down what I want/know so far.

Suspension: Basically I'd like to lower an inch maybe two but have a soft and good handling ride. Any ideas?!

Brakes: I plan slotted rotors nothing drilled, they crack too easily. Brembo is ****ty too as for drilled. Ideas?!

Intake: Well I plan on doing a cold air intake and I'm curious as to if they have aftermarket throttle bodies. On a v-8 it helps a lot, I'd imagine same for 4 cylinder.

Exhaust: I was planning to run something semi normal sounding just chromed up a little.

Engine: Big part here. I want to do a swap. I planned for the b18c motor but I want just a block. I'd like to build off the block myself completely.

As for the tranny the 5 spd is fine, maybe get a 6 spd later but I need a new clutch for when I do it, ideas?

Anyway for the most part I'm looking for something great stopping, amazing through corners and decent overall speed and off the line. Basically all around balance. Nothing flashy. Aspirated maybe turboed a little depending on if I can reach 300 or so naturally.

Just want some product ideas as far as where to get my block, pistons and head ideas. Things like that. THANK YOU!

Old 09-19-2009, 12:25 PM
Banned

If you want a soft ride don't get 17" wheels. 16" are much better.

If you only want about a 1" drop, look into H&R Sport Springs.

For exhaust, look into Apexi WS2. Fairly quiet, but "throaty" when wide open.

Search this Thread