HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   My engine BLEW (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/my-engine-blew-18226/)

kamodo5 03-08-2006 10:44 PM

My engine BLEW

My engine blew a rod. need to get a new one. It sucks that it blew but at the same time i can get a better engine. i got an 2003 lx coupe. Before we all say GO GET A K20! lets check our pockets. Any ideas of a swap for a 03 civic other then a k20? My brother out in Cali. said to get a B18. Will that work for my ride? saw some negative feedback on an earler post. PLEASE SOME GET BACK TO ME. I FEEL NACKED WITHOUT MY RIDE.

Pete 03-08-2006 10:49 PM

RE: My engine BLEW

What are your plans for it? Any goals for the future? Im not a big swap guy. If ur in it for speed definetly get the K20, as it will give u the most power. Quite honestly its a very expensive swap, but youre the one who has to decide whether its worth it or not. Im a D Series guy myself, but if and when i blow mine up, Ill swap for a GSR.

kamodo5 03-08-2006 10:55 PM

The GSR is the B18c right? Yea that K20 swap is a little over what i want to pay. I dont do any racing but i do want some type of a better performance from that lx that i blew.

Pete 03-08-2006 11:03 PM

Thats the 1.7 liter right? See the problem is that.........The D17's SUCK. They cant handle any real power stock wise, and they have that non return fuel system so boosting is a pain in the arse. Swapping a B18 would fit, but as far as i know the k20 is the easiest drop in swap. Im sure if u can find one for a decent price itll end up costing u just a little more than any other swap. Those things love bolt on power mods too. Honestly if it were me, id get the K20 and just take longer to pay it off. Are u going to be doing the work?

kamodo5 03-08-2006 11:11 PM

my uncle is a mechanic, so he will help. all i need are the parts.

kamodo5 03-08-2006 11:16 PM

For that K20 swap, i would need the engine, tranny, ecu, and wiring?

kamodo5 03-08-2006 11:41 PM

I also find it strange that my check oil light did not come on untill the rod blew. Is that a defect that anyone knows about. i am going to have my mom talk to the honda people. she is a lawyer so she knows what to say.

Marty 03-09-2006 05:44 AM

you have 3 options, 1 is a k20a/a2/a3, 2 is a k24, 3 is a d17. I am not a fan of the 7th gen civic's because you either have to buy a very expensive K series swap or deal with having the ****tiest d series known to man.

Remmy 03-09-2006 09:24 AM

Mabey just simmer down to a 99-00 Si?

Nail I3unny 03-09-2006 02:57 PM

ORIGINAL: Marty

you have 3 options, 1 is a k20a/a2/a3, 2 is a k24, 3 is a d17. I am not a fan of the 7th gen civic's because you either have to buy a very expensive K series swap or deal with having the ****tiest d series known to man.
plus its almost impossible to swap in anything BUT a d17 or k.

as far as i know there are only 2 or 3 B-swapped 7th gens out there. the parts have to be custom made and its impractical because between all the work, time, and money you have to put in to putting a B into a 7th gen it would just be cheaper and less of a hassle, and you would get more power from a K.