Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

My radiator is busted!!!!! where can i find another?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 02:13 PM
HCF Member
Default My radiator is busted!!!!! where can i find another?

Truly a sad story for me.....

Found out my radiator was leaking so i stripped it out and now i am radiatorless...the end

lol

If you want to hear the full story here goes....

it all started when i was dropping my lil sis to the mosque for islamic reading evening classes and as i was coming back i saw a bunch of people waiting at a bus stop, funny as thats the exact same bus stop i used to wait to go home with, i put my foot down showing off a bit and then i realized my temp was above the 'idle' state and was raising rapidly!
when i arrived at home (a few seconds later, i wasn't very far from home) popped the hood and thought jus add a little water (probably evaporated as it was hot for those couple of days) as i poored it in i saw dripping underneith me and thought CRAP im peeing myself! (lol not really) but still my radiator was leaking, poored more water but same got really frustrated so i stuck a friggin garden hose pipe in and as fast as it was coming in was as fast as it was comin out! took it apart out of my engine and just because of this cheap plastic thing at the bottom of the radiator it overheated and reformed the side of it thus opening the seal inside and bam there was the leak.

So now im trying to get hold of a radiator but i have no idea where to start???? good thing is that its the exact same radiator as the new civics from 95 onwards as in all the 3-door hatchbacks! my older sis got a civic aswell new shape and found out it was the exact same inter-cooler (fancy name).

The model number of the radiator is PA66-GF30 and its a stock one, when i get the chance il take some pics of it and show you where the leak was, so any ideas/advice anything will be GREATLY appreciated and i will be indebt to each and everyone of you!

btw i live in the UK, London (north london to be exact) but no garages have or hard to get parts for honda civics and are quite expensive from what i heard.......i don't know what to do and i can't drive my car now

oh and another thing i got a few pics of mine and my sis car so please tell me anything that will help me with my situation, heres a link to them!

https://www.hondacivicforum.com/m_21.../tm.htm#210872

il take some pics as soon as possible to give you an idea! but please im in need of desperate help! btw i love this community and was glad i bought a honda civic! its my first car, insurance sure cost as hell and petrol is a bomb but i don't regret it one bit!

Old 06-26-2006, 02:15 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: My radiator is busted!!!!! where can i find another?

I'm sure you can find them online and have them shipped. They don't have radiator shops that can re-core in the UK?

Old 06-29-2006, 06:53 AM
HCF Member

what do you mean by 're-core' as in repair the old rad? theoretically it can be fixed, all it is, is that the bottom part of the radiator the cheap plastic part that the outlet pipe goes is melted and reformed so when looking from above the top sides (longest part) have been 'widened' thus visable gap is shown where the water can be leaked.

I tried my local breakers yard and they are all gone! now i think my only chance is to find another civic (i think all civic except the 2006 model have the same radiators) my sisters is a 97 civic 1.4 3-door hatchback and that has the exact same rad. Now i could takes hers without her knowing and say one day "hey sis your rad is leaking, looks like you can't drive your car until you get a new rad" but i aint that cold-hearted as to do that to my own sister! if it was a friend i never liked (then i would't call him/her a friend if i never liked them....) i would of taken without a care in the world but i don't want to have that option...

im sure i can find a rad or repair the old but i can only spend about £20-30 in the UK (i aint rich) so looks like i have to keep looking and there arn't many breaker yards around in North London (and i can't exactly drive to those areas without taking a bus or train).

im having trouble taking pics of my broken rad as my digi cam ain't really worth taking with (pic capture so bad your better off drawing it on paper, and it will even look better than the cam!) im missing my car alot and if your a 20-year-old boy racer (not that im careless or anything, i follow the law when needed ) and you've seen some pics of my car then you would understand.

Old 06-29-2006, 08:21 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

e b a y

Old 06-29-2006, 09:06 AM
HCF Member

I HATE EBAY! THAT IS THE WORST PLACE TO BUY AND EVEN SELL ANYTHING! seriously it may be a place to find cheap and maybe rare stuff but most are cons and scams! most cheat and paypal is full of CRAP! if anything i would find a auction with the product and pick it up myself! but since most are overseas and/or long distance areas they are not worthy looking at.

thanks for the option Forty04 but i will most likely not go back to ebay to look for something. i have had very bad experiences there and would not like to experience them again. (with the people i dealt with at least).

sorry for all those ebay buyers out there, these are my own opinions and experience, if you shop at ebay by all means don't take my word for it, ignore me and never conatct me again or anything for that matter but i am not likely going to go back to ebay again. maybe i the near future i probably may go back but not at the moment.

i would like to ask though are there any UK London suppliers that sell Honda parts? i am still searching and i may have a contact that sells a car for spares or repairs and im hoping he.she will provide the rad i need.....

thank you for all your support and advice, i really appreciate all that you have done and i oppologize for my behaviour but this is how i feel about certain things, please excuse my reply

thank you again, only time will tell..............

Old 06-29-2006, 09:10 AM
Laced with Sarcasm

heh heh, with all due respect, if you know what to look for ebay is a perfectly safe place to do business.

Old 06-29-2006, 09:40 AM
HCF Member

lol when i first joined ebay it was my best place on earth to buy anything! i mean i would buy anything and evrything from ebay rather than my local sweet shop! but i may not have the knowledge or skill as a buyer or seller for that matter so i feel i am not suitable to buy or sell while others see my weakness and exploit it.

i was thinking would it be wise in maybe buy a inter-cooler rather than a stock radiator? used for turbos and high end performace engines now rather than buying later? i plan to anyway just not to soon. invest straight away or wait till i have the sufficiant parts? worthless or ingenious? i don't know maybe someone will enlighten me with their wisdom and experience.

Old 06-29-2006, 10:57 AM
Recognized HCF Member

intercoolers are only ment for turbos, the turbos only push air through them, you need either a upgraded "thicker" radiator and a stock oem radiator