HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Need Help for Honda Performance? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/need-help-honda-performance-18082/)

Jezzro 03-06-2006 07:23 AM

Need Help for Honda Performance?

Hey Everyone I am kind of a newbie on Hondas, Anyways I have a 99 civic EX, So far I have put A Intake and Exhaust, I was wondering what all can you do get gain some power out of these cars without turboing them, Do they make a power programmer or anything,If you can list some stuff that you can do to them below, Thanks.

jwsimons 03-06-2006 07:26 AM

RE: Need Help for Honda Performance?

thetre is alot besides turbo.... to start though, what is your main purpose for the car.. and what is your budget? first id lower it.

Jezzro 03-06-2006 07:29 AM

I got the car because I wrecked my Nissan Truck That I fixed up Nice, I just want to make my look and run Nice for daily driven.

uk civhead 03-06-2006 07:35 AM

Header, intake mani, throttle body, and maybe a stage 1 cam or stage 2 if you want to upgrade the rest of the valvetrain.

Marty 03-06-2006 12:46 PM

No need in buying a intake manifold if you are not building it to tell the truth. I would honestly like to know why people think you need to change honda intake manifolds, they flow very very good, are matched to the engine so it delivers the right amount of air to maintain the correct power band, any d,b,h,f series throttle body will fit, and if you do need it bigger it can be ported a good bit. This "intake manifold" craze is crazy, kinda like how everyone now thinks you need to have a block sleeved to make good power......totally unfounded, un-needed, and induced by the aftermarket. I plead with people to research stuff before they go on what the aftermarket manufactors push in your face.

jwsimons 03-06-2006 01:35 PM

if you drive it all the time..rain or shine, you can install short ram air intake, it helps. do not install cold air intake, or you will be sucking up water from every puddle.. also header and high flo cat to finish your exhaust.

Nail I3unny 03-06-2006 03:18 PM

booo. hydrolock is overrated.

even if you are sucking up water at every puddle, it wont hydrolock your car. its in and out of the engine so fast it doesnt matter. youd have to be driving with the filter submerged for it to hydrolock.

uk civhead 03-06-2006 04:25 PM

So your saying not to bother upgrading the I/M when switching to a stage 2 cam and valvetrain? which is what I said.

Clean98EX 03-06-2006 05:19 PM

If you do anything along the lines of TB or cam. Then i would definately get an aftermarket intake manifold. the more air the better...thats the whole idea. i have never seen a mildly modded honda without an IM. I'm definately getting one when i do my build soon.

sacicons 03-06-2006 08:45 PM

on a SOHC, you really dont need it. even on a DOHC, its not a huge gain. only the GSR gets a huge boost from an IM unless there are some pretty serious mods besides it. gsr stock mani's suck. its not going to hurt, its just that a cam would be a way bigger gain than an intake manifold, for about the same money.