HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Need a little help. (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/need-little-help-56067/)

Redline25 11-23-2007 04:44 PM

Need a little help.

Hi everyone, I need as many opinions on this as possible.

I have 4000$, and a stock(under the hood) 2000 civic ex coupe.

I want the most horsepower out of it as I can get. So if someone can let me know what they would do with it, please do.

Littlehag 11-23-2007 08:54 PM

RE: Need a little help.

depends on the engine, i believe you have the same engine as i do d16y8, unless it was swapped at an earlier date. I would take it out and build it up for 350+whp. port the head, new cam, injectors, engine management system, and full exhaust. I'm guessing it's got a standard tranny. thats for starters... depending on how much money you have left and what you wanna do with it.. turbo, or nitrous, or both.

Redline25 11-24-2007 06:02 AM

So going to a Vtec isnt the best way to go? Your saying build the stock engine up for 350 whp?

Yes, it is that engine, and its the stock tranny. everything stock. I had no idea I could be getting 350whp with only 4k?

Exhausted 11-24-2007 09:27 AM

The y8 already has vtec, so no worries there mate ;)

Littlehag 11-24-2007 12:14 PM

no no no... what I meant wasbuild it toHANDLE 350whp. not that you'd be getting that... lol my bad. like replace the pistons, rods, bearings, oil pump, ect...with aftermarket high performance. If you're not sure how to do all this I would have someone do it for you, or research a LOT.

This all depends on what you wanna be able to do with your car. 4k is quite a bit of money to play with, you could just buy a good quality turbo kit and some other bolt-on's and run stock internals. keeping within about 230whp

Cyphen 11-24-2007 04:00 PM

o.o nice b16 swap and turbo for 4g's<--- only if you do all labor yourself

Redline25 11-24-2007 04:16 PM

Ok thanks littlehag, lol. I want to atleast get 210whp, but does this mean I will have to do all the labor myself?

Cyphen 11-24-2007 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: Redline25

Ok thanks littlehag, lol. I want to atleast get 210whp, but does this mean I will have to do all the labor myself?
definately, il give you 3 reasons why you should do labor yourself 1. You will feal better about it later 2. You have more money to play with then putting it in somone elses pocket. 3. MORE MODS!

working on a honda is like working on a power-wheels

Redline25 11-24-2007 04:50 PM

I dont know how to weld? Is that needed for intallation of a turbo kit?

ScoobyAddict14 11-25-2007 06:40 AM

ORIGINAL: Cyphen

o.o nice b16 swap and turbo for 4g's<--- only if you do all labor yourself
id say get a ls vtec and build it for boost because you will get more bang for your buck. the b16 sucks with torque, its a little more that a d series. i know from experience and i spent around 5k on my engine and turbo and i got all used parts for my set up. i would not recommend the b16, it is not as good of a bang for your buck.