HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   NEED POWER (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/need-power-30824/)

brandnew1482 10-15-2006 04:53 PM

NEED POWER

2003 honda civic lx coupe

nothing done to it

its 115 hp i want to get 200 ideally, or at least as close as i can get without turbo or new engine i done have the money

Chips 10-15-2006 05:39 PM

RE: NEED POWER

I know you said you dont want a swap or turbo, but to get that kind of horsepower is going to be very expensive if you don't do either of those, if at all possible. If your goal is 200hp or even close to that, the cheapest way to get there would be to turbo or swap. If you don't mind far less power, but just want to have more power, get intake, header and full exhaust to start. Then there's always intake manifold, cams and other non-bolt-on type stuff.

brandnew1482 10-15-2006 05:57 PM

if i get intake and exhuast how much of a noticeable difference will i be able to see. i just wnat my car to feel like im driving a V6 about

nightrider46 10-15-2006 08:14 PM

the intake will give u like 2hp and the exhaust will give u like 5hp, you'll never will make it feel like a v6, unless u turbo it

2005 Civic LX 10-15-2006 08:58 PM

intake=2hp? what r u talking about
if u get a good quality/brand name cold air intake it will be at like 8hp and exhaust prob. 5hp as said above.
if u do all the bolt-on mods like intake,exhaust,header,pullies then u will be like a stock v6 to an extent.

I have all the bolt-ons on mine ^ except for headers and i raced my friends stock v6 mustang and we were neck and neck.
But "Chips" has a good point that a turbo or swap will get u to the 200hp range. Bolt-on's wont. Im kinda stuck where I am now because even though I have some things on the engine, it just isnt doing it for me. I really want a turbo or K20a engine swap but as you said you didnt have the money. Well, I didnt have the money at that point either, but doing all the bolt-ons and such seems like a better deal, but say this is your list:

intake
exhaust
header
pullies
thats gonna cost about 1000 and will only be like getting u to 130-140 tops
turbo or swap is gonna be like 3-4000 but will give you 3 times hp gain

so looking at it that way, a turbo or swap is better if your just going for speed and not looks cuz if you add suspension and wheels and such then thats gettting close to 3000 total for bolt-ons and suspension and wheels.

This is kinda wat i did. But dont get me wrong, bolt-ons and then do some engine internal stuf like idk say cams,intake manifold,throttle body^^^then you will also be close to 200.

Or you could get bolt-ons and get at 130hp and then get forged pistons and 50 shot of NOS and be at 180 lol

2005 Civic LX 10-15-2006 08:59 PM

the intake will give u like 2hp and the exhaust will give u like 5hp
an intake will give more hp than exhaust unless u were talking about exhaust+headers

nightrider46 10-15-2006 09:10 PM

They dynoed it with good name brands, CAI, Exh,H. will not give u more then 15hp if u dont believe me then check it out for ur sell, and let me remind you they tested it out with an 2001 EX civic which is alil better then the LX, I'm giving you an idea of what the car will give with those bolt ons, On a dyno(Whp), Not Crank Hp.
http://www.importtuner.com/powerpage...onda_civic_ex/

drbyers 10-15-2006 10:22 PM

you're going to have to strap another engine onto your car to get 200 horsepower without boost...

Remmy 10-16-2006 12:06 AM

200 hp without a turbo is going to take some serious work. An I/H/E setup will yield 20hp.... if you are very lucky.

zerocool 10-16-2006 09:42 AM

Sorry buddy... the days of getting 8hp for an intake is starting to end. The 01+ Civics MAYBE get you around 5 to 7 hp with Intake, header and exhaust.

Go turbo, enough said.