Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

New Civic Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:45 AM
Default New Civic Questions

I just bought my first civic ever... its an 06 2 door LX with a stick shift. Had a couple questions on some mods that im considering. The first one is an HID setup for the lowbeam headlights. Found this on ebay, seems like a hell of a deal, even got a warranty and whatnot, I dunno, what do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BMW-E...31249535QQrdZ1

Second question, I wanted to get an intake for my car, and I've been looking all over the internet and all I can find are intakes for the SI, but not the dx,lx and ex. Do they make one for it, or is it still too new. Also, the intake im looking for would be a warm air, not a cold air. I dont need to deal with snorkeling my sh*t when it rains. Any info would be appreciated for either topic, thanks for looking!

Old 04-18-2006, 11:31 AM
Default RE: New Civic Questions

You can buy a valve for the cold air that helps eliminate the water problem. AEM sells one. As for parts for your civic, I don't think that they are available yet. But keep looking b/c the newbie civics are selling like hotcakes and they are bound to pop up mods for them soon. As for the HID conversion they usually will run you about $300 so that deal is pretty damn good. I order from ebay all the time. All of my mods are from ebay with the exception of my cat.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:39 PM
HCF Member

**** the valve. it defeats the purpose of having a CAI. hydrolocking is blown way out of perportion by the aftermarket companies so they can make more money off of you. the only way you can hydrolock your car is if you submerge your filter. a little water is actually good for your engine because it cools ito ff. a lot of supercharger guys set up water injection to cool off blower temps. dont worry about hydrolocking.

Old 04-18-2006, 04:55 PM

yeah, those are good points but still, I'll probably just wait til they make a short ram or WAI for the new civics. Preferrably AEM or Injen, I've always had good luck with their intakes. But yeah, I think I'll probably go ahead and get those HIDs, I let everyone know if they work well or not, cuz that is a hell of a deal for a complete HID setup...

Old 04-18-2006, 05:08 PM

Yeah I agree with nail. Get the cold air unless you plan on scuba diving with your civic.

Old 04-19-2006, 05:02 PM
HCF Member

ORIGINAL: Tiznonay

yeah, those are good points but still, I'll probably just wait til they make a short ram or WAI for the new civics. Preferrably AEM or Injen, I've always had good luck with their intakes. But yeah, I think I'll probably go ahead and get those HIDs, I let everyone know if they work well or not, cuz that is a hell of a deal for a complete HID setup...
you'll be a lot better off and a lot happier with a CAI.

Old 04-20-2006, 06:46 PM

why is that? The power differences arent very impressive at all, like maybe one more horse with a CAI rather than a WAI.
But back on topic, does anyone know where to get any type of power upgrade for the new civics? (Non SI)