HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   New here! Riding a lawn mower basically.. (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/new-here-riding-lawn-mower-basically-33175/)

Drakon 11-22-2006 10:56 PM

New here! Riding a lawn mower basically..

Ok...
I am new here. I bought a 1998 civic dx. From what i hear it is the stripped down version. It doesnt even have a damn rpm gauge!
But What i was wondering is why does my car feel like it has no power? I have a sohc vtec engine. I am thinking about selling this car to get something with more power.... any ideas? Thanks for the help.

Drakon

[IMG]local://upfiles/16160/54C954DAF9864E378A39AA5185D0F0CA.jpg[/IMG]

sacicons 11-23-2006 02:17 AM

RE: New here! Riding a lawn mower basically..

you can add pretty much any of the accesories it doesnt come with, and swap the engine for a more powerful one, so if you like the basic car, and dont mind making it a project, keep it and dig in. But if you arent happy with any aspect of the car, or dont want to bother with a project, go ahead and trade up for a more well equipped stock car.

99civicricer 11-23-2006 02:50 AM

hey if that is a dx model then i hate to tell you but you don't have vtec unless someone did a head swap already.

Drakon 11-23-2006 06:18 AM

AWWWW!!! You mean that i got completely screwed with friggin 104 hp engine???? The previous owner was an old lady and it has been shifted at low RPMs its entire life!

BillyB98 11-23-2006 11:20 AM

ya id hate to break it to you but you dont have vtec. You have the d16y7 engine just like me and if you want to get a little more power form the sohc do a mini me swap. Check the DIY area and youll see what you all need.

Nail I3unny 11-23-2006 11:45 AM

get a DX head, intake manifold, and transmission. that will give you a decent amount of speed.

sbowers 11-23-2006 12:10 PM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

get a DX head, intake manifold, and transmission. that will give you a decent amount of speed.
EX he means

GetItBoy 11-23-2006 12:40 PM

hey look at the bright side! youre getting like 30+ mpg right?
dont wanna put your hopes down but even if you were to switch out the head, intake manifold, and transmission, like nail says, dont expect to be ridiculously fast. but you will have noticeably more power. i have the civic ex. and i think its slow as hell. my car is a dark green, i call it the turtle. one of these days when im ballin, im gonna swap in a more powerful engine and just maybe build it and boost.
*daydreaming..
:)

Nail I3unny 11-23-2006 02:22 PM

ORIGINAL: sbowers

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

EX he means
yeah EX...

if you can spend more money look into getting a H22 out of a prelude or a B18C1 out of an integra.

Kedawei 11-23-2006 03:49 PM

Your motor is worthless for anything but a commuter. Either take Nails advice (H, B swap) or do some research.