HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   New idea...got some ??'s (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/new-idea-got-some-s-1011/)

ohbiskits 08-30-2004 08:27 PM

New idea...got some ??'s

ok guys i know i have been talkin about doing the d16 swap but now i have had many ppl on the street tell me that i should just put the y8 head on my d15 block...one guy told me that with the right cam, pistons, ect i can come close to 200 hp...i need word for word/ part for part of what i would need to do this...im gunna search now but if you guys have any sites stored away that can help that would be great...also what do you guys think about this..oh yea he told me to run my tranny that i have now they also told me that if im going to all that trouble to have the motor stuff don that the tranny conversion wouldnt be that hard...auto - manual...what do you guys think on all of this?

lilol89crx 08-30-2004 08:38 PM

RE: New idea...got some ??'s

with the bigger block comes more tq. its really up to you. if you intend on keeping the 1.5 i suggest doing the 5spd conversion......something along the lines of a zc 1-5 and an si final to keep that engine in the higher rpms where it can actually do something with its lack of tq when compared to the 1.6.

ohbiskits 08-30-2004 08:46 PM

so do you think it would be a better decision to just buy the motor tranny ect. for the complete swap?...he told me that the y8's tranny is hydro and mine is cable would this be a problem or if i got the full y8 motor with the y8 tranny would it bolt right in?....also i would like to do the convesison but i have heard that it is too hard and not worth it...my question is if i buy the motor, the trann (5spd)..."and whatever else i need for the conversion which is a whole differnt ? intirely", the ecu, and wiring harness would this be a bolt in situation with no trouble?..will the fact that the tranny is hydro and not cable have any effect on what i need for the swap?
thanks for the help bro..im srry to be a pain but i am confuesd on what to do now...thanks again

sacicons 08-31-2004 11:13 AM

technically you could make the y8 tranny work, but itd be very expensive and time consuming. just get a cable si tranny. the gearing isnt the best, but its a lot easier. as for the mini-me head swap, you can get a lot of power out of it if you build the bottom end, do a yahoo search for mini me vtec and see if you can find specifics on it but i know the b18 integra rods can be machined to work in your motor and should be good for almost 300 hp. you can also get the d16a1 zc pistons and they will raise your CR. go with brand new oversized pistons from acura. then get the block built by someone who knows their ish, otherwise the parts swapping could cause some clearance issues. good luck.

ohbiskits 08-31-2004 06:52 PM

ohh so the y8 tranny wont bolt right up?...the si tranny from what year will fit my application? im still searchin for some sites that may have an explination on what to use and maybe basic direction...thanks for the info

ohbiskits 08-31-2004 07:56 PM

This is what im thinkin let me know if this wont work out....d15 block, y8 head, y8 intake manifold, not sure what pistons or cam or any of the little stuff....will this work out? does anyone know what else is needed besides the intake and head...ill find out what the best pistons, cam and all that would be i just need to know what is needed besides that stuff...thanks guys..

sacicons 09-01-2004 11:01 AM

im at work right now, but ill do a search later today and try to find some info, i was going to do this a long time ago and i found a lot of good stuff. you want the si tranny out of an 88-91.

ohbiskits 09-01-2004 02:14 PM

thanks bro

ohbiskits 09-01-2004 08:46 PM

hey guys i found this http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=735196 its for a y7 block and y8 head but would it be the same procedure and would i need to get the same parts that are listed there?

ohbiskits 09-03-2004 03:09 PM

hey guys sorry to bug u but i got a couple more ??'s on this topic..how does this sound...since i cant really afford to tak my car out of commison do you think it would be an ok idea to go ahead and get the y8 intake manifold and put it on therfore gettign the mpfi and whatnot then after that maybe a couple weeks later puting the y8 head...and then maybe after that a couple more weeks later think about pistons and that stuff...would this work? im still trying to find what exactly i would need to buy for the head swap but the intake wouldnt be to har i dont think..or would it...i need tghe info..lol,,please help
thanks