HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   New, Looking for help. (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/new-looking-help-76387/)

HONDAKID 06-21-2009 07:39 PM

New, Looking for help.

Hello everyone on the forums.
I am 17 years young, my dream car that I have always wanted since I was small was a Civic and Integra.

Now I have my license and a car for now, I'm saving to purchase a Civic I think.
I don't know everything about cars.. I'm not a genius, Like I said I'm 17, getting into Civics, engines etc.

When I buy my Civic what should I look for, I want a clean engine, with speed, and to be reliable,
I've heard things about B16, B20's.

What's good about them/not good.

What should I look for?
Civic, B16 Stock? Vtec?
B20 Stock? VTEC

What's the Horsepower on these engines.
What's better about them

Call me a 'ricer' flame me for not knowing. I'm 17 looking to learn, I want a clean Civic, smooth, fast reliable?

OPINIONS?

ar151666 06-21-2009 07:43 PM

finding a civic with a b20 could be hard considering the b20 is from the Honda CR-V, i think its a little more work than other b-series swaps. the best thing about the b20 is the claimed 130 ft-lb of torque, much better than the d16's 106. Chances are you could find a good reliable (yet clean) b16 or 18 without too much work. Plenty of power too.

HONDAKID 06-21-2009 07:57 PM

AR,
What is better?
B16 Vtec or B18 Vtec

What's the tourque and horse on em.

What does it mean by B16a2 and B16b etc
What's different about them?

NIKE H34D 06-21-2009 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
https://www.hondacivicforum.com/foru...1&d=1245646183

and welcome to the site

HONDAKID 06-22-2009 06:51 AM

How fast is a Stock B16 Vtec?

What should I do to make it faster.

HONDAKID 06-22-2009 04:55 PM

Anyone answer on here,
I have questions :(

How much will a B16 Vtec cost me.
Intake?
Turbo?

How much HP will I be pushin

NIKE H34D 06-22-2009 06:11 PM

all these questions have been asked before. there is a search button at the top of the page.

rc2904 06-22-2009 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by HONDAKID (Post 650658)
How fast is a Stock B16 Vtec?

What should I do to make it faster.

The stock B16 vtec gets speeds comparable to that of a White-throated Needletail (scientific name: Hirundapus caudacutus).

There are quite a few ways to make a car faster, here are some of them...

Rims can have a HUGE effect on speed. The bigger your tires, the more distance you travel with each revolution of your axle, so for the best performance your going to want some 22 inch rims or "dubs"

Spoiler will help the aerodynamics of the car IF you get one big enough. It has to be as tall or taller than the roof of the car for it to effect anything, otherwise it wont get any wind because the cab of the car will be in the way.

NOS is very powerful stuff. You can pour it straight in your gastank if you want the effects all the time or get a seperate nos tank if you want to be able to controll when you use it.

Search button is very usefull because it will provide you will real answers because everything I just suggested is horribly horribly wrong. Theres tons of stuff you can do to upgrade your engine, just search around and you will find some. If your not really mechanically inclined then start out with an air intake. Just remember that with rare exceptions, you get what you pay for. If you buy cheap ebay parts, your gonna get cheap ebay results.

Hailchristian 06-22-2009 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by rc2904 (Post 650877)
the stock b16 vtec gets speeds comparable to that of a white-throated needletail (scientific name: Hirundapus caudacutus).

There are quite a few ways to make a car faster, here are some of them...

rims can have a huge effect on speed. The bigger your tires, the more distance you travel with each revolution of your axle, so for the best performance your going to want some 22 inch rims or "dubs"

spoiler will help the aerodynamics of the car if you get one big enough. It has to be as tall or taller than the roof of the car for it to effect anything, otherwise it wont get any wind because the cab of the car will be in the way.

nos is very powerful stuff. You can pour it straight in your gastank if you want the effects all the time or get a seperate nos tank if you want to be able to controll when you use it.

search button is very usefull because it will provide you will real answers because everything i just suggested is horribly horribly wrong. Theres tons of stuff you can do to upgrade your engine, just search around and you will find some. If your not really mechanically inclined then start out with an air intake. Just remember that with rare exceptions, you get what you pay for. If you buy cheap ebay parts, your gonna get cheap ebay results.

hahahahahaha

Superfly 06-22-2009 09:30 PM

you missed a thread......just sayin'