HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   No Oil On Dipstick ?!?1?! (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/no-oil-dipstick-1-a-38553/)

FlipHKD720 02-20-2007 10:10 PM

No Oil On Dipstick ?!?1?!

So i got my oil changed today, and i had noticed my car's oil light was staying on for a second right hwne i turned my car on, but i never really put much thought into it. When i got my catback exhaust and i was under my car when it was up on a lift, i noticed my oil pan had oil on the OUTSIDE of it, kind of dripping down.Me and the guy i was under there withseemed to both agree that maybe theoil plug/gasket were shot, so i got a new plug and gasket formy next oil change. I never notcied any oil in the driveway, but then when i got my oil changed he said there was NO oil on the dipstick and barely any in my engine. The guys underneath my car put the new plug in and showed me hte old one, and it was just about perfect. They said they couldnt see any places where the oil was leaking, and maybe i was burning it. I dont have a sense of smell, so i dont know if my exhaust smells bad, but it has always been a little white. Anyone know why my oil is gone, where its going, and how to fix it?

2slo4u 02-20-2007 10:15 PM

RE: No Oil On Dipstick ?!?1?!

You have no sence of smell?
Check your over flow for your antifreeze. maybe the oil went in there. Thats where some of my oil was hiding.:D

civicblend97 02-20-2007 10:21 PM

u sure it was filled to the line the last oil change? if ur burning it it will be blue colored out the exhaust my hatch does it bad, if its burning it u should

be able to sit a rev the engine and see behind the car..... do u know how fast its losing oil? if u keep a check on it and watch the oil level u should

see how fast its getting gone

riceburner700 02-21-2007 09:19 AM

check to see if the plug is tight, and the oil filter is screwed on tight because if it isnt then it could be running down the block and that would cause the engine to run low on oil

FlipHKD720 02-21-2007 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: 2slo4u

You have no sence of smell?
haha yeah i hit my head really bad and lost it......

ORIGINAL: civicblend97

see how fast its getting gone
yeah i'm gonna check it tonight or tomorrow tonight to see how low its gotten since hte oil change (it was totally full after the change)

and riceburner i'll check that stuff tonight, the filter is a possbility because there was oil all over the pan (on the outside) but the plug seemed to be in tight, so maybe it leaking out of the filter

riceburner700 02-21-2007 11:29 AM

i have came across some filters that have a hairline crack from the factory and almost not noticable right around the lip

FlipHKD720 02-21-2007 11:44 AM

well it wasnt an OEM filter, i mean ive got my oil changed before, but idk, i'll check tightness of everything tonight

ic892003 02-22-2007 07:03 PM

jus curious, wuts usually the cause for burning to much oil?

ryank327 02-22-2007 07:08 PM

bad piston rings i believe...

riceburner700 02-23-2007 01:21 PM

piston rings,valve seals, pcv, headgasket<---very rare