Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

now im so lost

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2008, 07:16 PM
Default now im so lost

ok i have a 1994 civic dx coupe and i am saving for an engine i am a big noob when it comes to cars i have been reading up on this site and have learned alot of stuff i did not kno but now im lost i was gonna get a b16 a but i saw the big *** forum about the h22 and i have read up about the k20and b18and now i have no idea wut i want im not gonna take it to ne races i just want to be fast as hell i do plan on putting on a twin turbo on what ever i get and no money is not an issueill save my *** off plzzz hlp

Old 07-13-2008, 07:22 PM
Default RE: now im so lost

a b16 is probably going to be the easiest and cheapest of any swap that you mentioned. H22 is supposedly hard to fit in the engine bay, and you won't be able to have a/c or power steering. a b18 would be the next easiest swap after the b16, but it's gonna cost more. my vote goes for the B16.
Also, you don't want a twin turbo, they're inefficient, and i don't see you fitting two turbos under your hood or finding a way to hook them both up simultaneously.

Old 07-13-2008, 08:38 PM

witch is better b16 or b18 i dont care about the money diff and i cant have twin turbo?

Old 07-13-2008, 09:00 PM

a GSR engine (B18C1) is a little more powerful than the B16A, B16A1, and B16A2. instead of using all that money on a twin turbo setup you could get a really nice single turbo setup and an engine build.

Here is an example of how hard the twin turbo setup is going to be to fit in there. it can be done, just requires some modification. as you probably already know, a civic engine bay isn't very big.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:12 AM

lol ya looks so confusing and when im so new to this it dont hlp at all so u think i should go wit a b16 or b18 and turbo it or supercharge it?

Old 07-14-2008, 09:01 AM

i think you should get a GSR engine (if money is not an issue), build it, and turbo it (single turbo). But before you buy anything you need to do lots and lots of research.

Old 07-14-2008, 06:55 PM

so the b18? and wut kind of stuff should i look up just about diff engines and things man im a noob sry

Old 07-14-2008, 07:11 PM

yea, GSR is B18C1. B16A2 would probably be a little easier and definitely less expensive and easier to find, and only has 12HP less than the GSR. my vote goes for a b16a2 now. changed my mind due to how much easier it will be for a B16A2.
well are you planning on putting the turbo on right away or are you doing the swap first then turbo later down the road? if you're planning on just doing the swap for now, you need to look up what you are going to need for the swap (mounts, axles, engine, transmission, etc.). it should be easy to find this info since it's a very common swap.
if you're going to turbo, you need to get the swap in and working first. you need to search for info on turbos. there are some really good resources on this site.

Old 07-14-2008, 07:20 PM
HCF Member

slightly off topic here, but not really...

please realize that your car's stock suspension and brakes were not designed for the kind of power that you are looking to put in there. You will soon find that you will want to upgrade your suspension and possibly brakes, which also costs money.

The reason I say this is I drive a STOCK 97 DX sedan. (the ONLY mods are upgraded headunit/speakers, and a short ram intake) and I have gotten my brakes pretty hot, and also pushed the limits of my suspension a couple times. I know that if/when I do a swap, I'll also be budgeting for suspension upgrades (if I don't do them BEFORE the swap)

Not trying to discourage you man, just giving you something to think about. I hope you find all the info you need. I know HCF has a lot of knowlegable and helpful people! I hope it goes well for you!

Old 07-14-2008, 08:45 PM

thx for the info silver imma look into that.. and ya i plan on jus doin the swap for now and the turbo later i got a quote for the b16a new tranny motor mounts cpu wiring harness and installation and all the labor of turning my car from an auto to a manual does 3000 sound good for all that..

Quick Reply: now im so lost