HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   o2 sensor (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/o2-sensor-55968/)

jiprish 11-21-2007 06:12 PM

o2 sensor

My check engine light has come on on my 97 civic, its the o2 sensor, i was wondering if it was something not too hard to switch. Thanks

GirlwithanSIattitude 11-21-2007 09:06 PM

RE: o2 sensor

Disconnect the primary HO2S connector, then remove the cover
than disconnect the secondary ho2s connector, then removing the secondary ho2s
than install the secondary h02s in the reverse order of removal. Your going to need a 02 wrench.

***courtsey of Honda

if you need pictures, let me know

warner_ro 11-21-2007 09:56 PM

yea your secondary sensor is bad, you could just buy a new one. shouldnt be too much for you car. it's easier then doing all the work in switching them, however if you have no money do what home girl above said.

PS - girlwithanSIattitude, i got a 2007 SI, and i love girls who know there stuff, maybe you can pop my hood and help me get this turbo going? PM me, and check out my SIG in case your thinking some sexual innuendo.

PPS - a/s/l...yea im droppin it - throw back into those AOL days in the chat rooms... LOL

jiprish 11-22-2007 12:54 PM

If i just buy a new one, how easy does it become to take the old one off and put the new one on? and how much do they go for?

GirlwithanSIattitude 11-23-2007 11:28 AM

Here are the pictures you requested.

warner_ro, thanks I live in Texas and am old!

[IMG]local://upfiles/27046/71F99B5BAF45439BAE26B43EDFC8E148.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27046/13839E30352B4DB6ABB51FAD30AA01FD.jpg[/IMG]

Cyphen 11-23-2007 11:44 AM

sometimes the threads dont come off when its cold when i did my o2 sensor i had to drive my car till it was a million digreese to heat it up to loosen the threads, if it doesnt come off dont force it drive your car hard and heat it up and threads will come loose easy

warner_ro 11-23-2007 06:27 PM

mine was hard as well, but i got it after some struggle. i lift weights every day, and live in the gym, so i was surprused it gave me that much of a struggle.

GirlwithanSIattitude - i work for a company out of pilot point, TX. and who says old is bad? your blonde and like civic!!! and i am surprised, cuz all women i know in TX love mustangs and chevys... wut r u? 26-28 range, nice pic ;0)

Mr Mobsta Man 11-23-2007 06:34 PM

ORIGINAL: warner_ro

mine was hard as well, but i got it after some struggle. i lift weights every day, and live in the gym, so i was surprused it gave me that much of a struggle.

GirlwithanSIattitude - i work for a company out of pilot point, TX. and who says old is bad? your blonde and like civic!!! and i am surprised, cuz all women i know in TX love mustangs and chevys... wut r u? 26-28 range, nice pic ;0)
Gee, I wonder why we don't get very many girl memebers around here? Maybe because everytime they come around they get their legs humped... lol

Anyway... to the OP. Get a code reader out and check to make sure which o2 sensor is broken, make sure you replace the right one or your just wasting money. The old one should just unscrew, then unplug it. Screw the new one and and hook it up. Done.

GirlwithanSIattitude 11-23-2007 06:35 PM

27 today and 28 next month...crazy how time flys...I relocated to Dallas in April 2006 from Florida....I guess that answers the Mustwrong question...

doesnt bother me to have my leg humped, as long as I am wearing jeans

warner_ro 11-23-2007 07:37 PM

HAHA...