HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Ok, Problem for Pete. (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/ok-problem-pete-17227/)

Pete 02-18-2006 12:25 AM

Ok, Problem for Pete.

SO i installed the Skunk2 Intake mani today........well I got a problem. I installed it fine and everything BUTTTTTT. I started the car and it goes FRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRMMMMM all the way to redline (Obviously i shut it off) Heres where i think the problem is.........I unplugged all the sensors from the stock manifold, and let all the cables hang loose, because i figured theres no need to mark em bcuz theyre prolly all different male/female connections.......well turns out theyre not, theyre all the same, so i prolly hooked up a few wrong, there are three of em.......and of course i had to extend the wire in each one because NOTHING fits on the skunk2 mani without messing with it in some way....this manifold is a big headace............any idea why my car is revving so high? I also broke some stupid sensor i gotta replace but i think it was the EGR, which really shouldnt be messing with the throttle like that right? Does someone wanna go outside and tell me what sensors have what color wires on their EG civic? Otherwise im just going to have to switch em around until i get it right..............damn long post.

psychocivic 02-18-2006 12:56 AM

RE: Ok, Problem for Pete.

what side are the sensors on? i'll go out and take a quick couple of pix for you. its cold outside so i wanna do it fast

Pete 02-18-2006 01:08 AM

theyre all behind the manifold, but i need pics of the wires, so i know which ones go where, there are 3 sensors, theyre alll plugged into a plastic piece mounted on the intake manifold. Pics would make u the man, and id owe ya a few beers.

psychocivic 02-18-2006 01:35 AM

i was able to get 2 of the 3, so hopefully you can use these pix. or let me know if i'm wrong for the sensors.

psychocivic 02-18-2006 01:36 AM

here you go

[IMG]local://upfiles/5289/5870280A40AB4D1E9E17D9645F129B23.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/5289/8C8AF4787AA84E5794961D18F26DA5CB.jpg[/IMG]

Pete 02-18-2006 01:49 AM

I must say I have been drinking, because after the night i had, i was left no other choice.........but psychocivic u are clutch. I will def check me car out tomorrow with the pics i just printed. I owe u, Thanks.

Pete 02-18-2006 01:54 AM

ah crap. The first pic is the TPS which is on the throttle body...i didnt remove that one. THere are other sensors behind the mani....ill be able to uise wha u gave me thou.

psychocivic 02-18-2006 01:59 AM

well i tried. its cold and dark outside and it was kinda hard to really get pix even lol. but i hope with this it won't be too bad. then just use trial and error for the other two, unless thats a bad idea. don't know if it would hurt anything.

Pete 02-18-2006 02:15 AM

Thats what i figure ill do........unless tomorrow u can get some more pics.......regardles, i honestly appreciate the effort. You are awesome.

psychocivic 02-18-2006 02:33 AM

considering i work from 9am-3pm tomorrow, i wont be able to get you any pics unless you wanna wait. But i'm glad i could help.