Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Opinions for my Mini-me build

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Default Opinions for my Mini-me build

Ok, I know there's a lot of forums/threads about Z6 Mini-me builds. So please dont hate or hose me too bad lol. I dont really have any questions but I'm more curious to learn about the personal experiences of others. With similar builds and with the aftermarket parts that I plan to use. So please feel free to give your two cents. I'd like to get some opinions, advice, possibly some positive feed back, voice any concerns and constructive criticism. I know that I could learn a thing or two from the more experanced. Maybe get some new ideas for my build.
My goal is a cheap-ish n/a build. It is and will be my DD. I'm not building for a certain whp goal. It's more for a learning process and to get some experience on using aftermarket parts other then bolt on's. I'v done a lot of research and I still am on occasion's. It seems like I'm always learning something new lol. What I have listed isn't set in concrete yet so there is room for improvement if needed. This is what I have came up with.

Stock JDM D15B bottom end. Except for;
ARP rod bolts, ACL rod bearings - (plasti gauged & miced), PMS-A00 pistons with po7 rings, ARP head bolts and a two layer Z6 head gasket - (oem Z6 gasket with the middle layer removed & re-riveted).
Stock D16Z6 head except for Crower stage 2 cam and Crower springs & retainers. The combination chamber's and exhaust ports are polished. The exhaust ports are port matched to my four to one race header. With 2.5 inch Tanabe exhaust - (no cat.). My Sk2 pro IM is port matched to the head. I also have the Sk2 pro 70mm TB with a short ram cold air intake. Running hondata S300 v3.

I used a compression calculator to gather this info. The stock d15b rods with the PMS-A00 pistons have a piston to deck hight of +0.030(in). The modified z6 head gasket is about 0.025(in). Stock is about 0.037(in). With the pistons sitting a tiny under the deck I figure the valve Clearance should be fine. My cr comes out to be 11.17:1 roughly. Won't truly know till I do a compression test once built. The research that I've found for the pistons with d15b block say to use po7 rings. As far as the ARP rod and head bolts go that's more for durability/reliability. I know the more you stray away from oem the less reliable it becomes.

Thank you for your time and I do encourage your feed back. Happy building 😊