HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   pulstar spark plugs (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/pulstar-spark-plugs-74842/)

vitaliy.s 04-14-2009 10:20 PM

pulstar spark plugs

i was just wondering if anyone bought pulstar spark plugs?
i found some online and theyre like 50 bucks for two
theyre a lot more expensive than ngk and bosch and stuff so i was wondering if theyre really that good or would i just be paying for the brand name?
thanks

gkitf16 04-17-2009 07:38 PM

Pulstar plugs

Haven't heard of them before. Sounds like a lot of $$ for just 2 plugs. I've been using NGK's in my D15B7 95 Civic, they have always run very well and get good mileage and power. Just looked at them with about 30K on a set, all perfect color, a little wear, tossed them back in, torque to spec. Had them out 'cause the valve cover tube seals were leaking, plugs were drowned in oil, BUT NEVER MISSED ONCE! Cleaned everything up, still firing clean.

vitaliy.s 04-17-2009 11:10 PM

ok thanks
what kind are you using
like theres platinum and high performance or something

lowlife9 04-18-2009 12:07 AM

stay away from pulseplugs there garbage first off there made in china and break easily when installing need i say more.also they dont have built in resistors so there goes the radio reception and the ability for your ecu to pick up clear signals from all your sensors .you can read reviews of less gas mileage and engine damage. i would recommend denso iridium there the best.

trustdestruction 04-18-2009 12:18 AM

It's a scam. Just an easy way for them to make money.

Buy NGK V-power plugs (OEM). No plugs are going to increase your power over the V-powers as long as they are gapped correctly. At $8 a box of 4, you can't argue.

Quit trying to increase power in stupid ways. It doesn't work.

Shanec247@yahoo.com 06-09-2012 11:11 AM

Really? Do your research dummy.

Originally Posted by lowlife9 (Post 637260)
stay away from pulseplugs there garbage first off there made in china and break easily when installing need i say more.also they dont have built in resistors so there goes the radio reception and the ability for your ecu to pick up clear signals from all your sensors .you can read reviews of less gas mileage and engine damage. i would recommend denso iridium there the best.

I don't know where you read bad reviews on Pulstar Plugs. The people that wrote those reviews must have been competitors. I have a 2011 civic and I average 4 mpg better and 10-15 more horsepower. Anybody that writes anything bad about these plugs is retarded. There are videos online that back up pulstar's claims and science to verify. Do your research and you will find that they are the best plugs by far.

cvcrcr99 06-09-2012 04:16 PM

Do you have dyno graphs showing these "gains" or were these "gains" posted by the company?

Also you are bound to see mpg improvement when you install new plugs. Always. Depending on how dirty the plugs were before the swap.

Same ecu same injectors same amount of fuel pretty much. /story It has been proven that nothing else is needed but OEM.

Old thread closed.