HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Rad Fan not coming on, (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/rad-fan-not-coming-8675/)

chriskatana 08-10-2005 10:55 AM

Rad Fan not coming on,

My radiator fan does not come on,
my condensor fan comes on when I turn the air on, but the rad fan will not come on at all.
If I straight wire it to 12v it runs, but will not come on when the engine warms up.

2 qestions,
is the rad fan supposed to come one with the condensor fan?
what sensor tells the fan to kick on?

thanks,
Chris

________
GSX-R600

cartledge 08-10-2005 11:21 AM

RE: Rad Fan not coming on,

the sensor is located where the lower rad hose meets the engine. - ithink this is what your talking about. not sure if they come on together tho

LEVIII 08-10-2005 09:53 PM

It will only come on when the motor gets hot.

Does it overheat?

Have you cheked the fuses?

The sensor is under the upper hose and just looks like little bullit connector sticking out of the block, easy to overlook

sacicons 08-10-2005 11:53 PM

i had an expensive problem a few years ago with that. actually, i didnt know it wasnt working, so it overheated enough to do some damage. but after the engine was fixed, it would still get a little hot sitting in traffic, and finally, i realized the fan wasnt on. i pulled the fuse a long time ago when it first started overheating, and it looked fine. turns out it burned out way down on the side where i couldnt hardly see it even when i had it 2 inches from my face. check the fuse really closely.

chriskatana 08-11-2005 09:21 AM

ORIGINAL: LEVIII

Does it overheat?

Have you cheked the fuses?

The sensor is under the upper hose and just looks like little bullit connector sticking out of the block, easy to overlook
It DID overheat, thus the blown head gasket :)
I want to KNOW that it's fixxed before it happens again.

I checked the fuses,

I kinda figured it was a sensor like that, the one on the tstat housing is just for the guage.

Anyone have a P/N for that sensor?

Thanks
Chris
________
Arizona Marijuana Dispensaries

LEVIII 08-11-2005 09:58 AM

Did you already get the gasket replaced?

Was the head warped?

chriskatana 08-11-2005 10:00 AM

I just had the head cleaned, presure tested, vacuum checked and surfaced.
No it was not warped, I'm going to put it together as soon as my gaskets get here.

Chris
________
Mercury monarch history

chriskatana 09-02-2005 11:14 AM

it was the relay,
I replaced the coolant temp sensor and the fan switch,
when that didn't work I pulled the relay and tapped it on the ground a few times,
now it works,
BUT,
the fan only comes on when the temp guage reaches 3/4 then shuts off when it cools to 1/2.
Any ideas?
________
MAGIC FLIGHT LAUNCH BOX