HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   S*** didnt mean to to that (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/s%2A%2A%2A-didnt-mean-40362/)

zoso 03-18-2007 08:06 PM

S*** didnt mean to to that

So i was washing my engine bay today and when I was done i went to drive it and it chuged. I stepped on the gas i it went. Shift into second and i cant go past 3000rpm, and am like stalling. Try to make a u turn to go home and it would stall to much, had to push it home. Got home look at all the pulgs and stuff. There was water in my spark plugs. I sprayed them out with air, and it runs fine. My check engine light is on now and wont go off. Is there something wrong or will it just go off?

ej6buddy 03-18-2007 08:10 PM

RE: S*** didnt mean to to that

just let everything dry for a few days (such as electrical components) hopefully after everything is dry, just disconnect the battery to reset the ecu and it should hopefully be ok. DON'T TAKE THE SPARK PLUGS OUT!

zoso 03-18-2007 08:28 PM

I didnt take the spark plugs out but i took th caps off that hold them in. Did i f*** up my car?

ej6buddy 03-18-2007 08:32 PM

the caps as in the spark plug boot? if it was just the spark plug wire you took out, then it should be good, just take an air blower and blow out the spark plug holes in the valve cover VERY thoroughly. and try to give it a few days in the sun for all of the electrical goodies to dry off before you drive it a lot, if this is your DD, then just becareful, i guess.

BillyB98 03-18-2007 08:40 PM

if you have an aftermarket intake with a cone filter you could have gotten water in the engine and that would cause the chugging. I did that to my mustang and it ran just how you said yours did.

zoso 03-18-2007 09:09 PM

**** i have a aem v2 and that is what i was thinking. If i did will it **** up my car? it is running better now

addiction2bass 03-18-2007 09:53 PM

so much it could be.... water and electrical stuff isnt good.....

when ya wash your engine you should run the motor so its warmed up then wash... and the heat from the motor should dry out the engine bay... at least that what i was told and thats how i do mine... and only wash with a garden hose... cause pressure washers can force water int othose cracks or beyond seals messen them up :(

Remmy 03-18-2007 10:44 PM

*sigh*

Water did NOT go into the engine. The water would have dissapated within a mile. You simply have residue in the distributor. It will go away. WQhile you are at it unplug your battery for 30 minutes and reconnect. The CEL will go away after that.

Kommando 03-21-2007 08:33 PM

If you got water inside the engine itself through the intake it would probably have caused "hydrolock" after a very short time and noticeably destroyed your engine. There would have been no doubt that something was FUBAR inside.Wet distributors, harness connectors, and/or plug wires can be dried out quickly by spraying their contact surfaces with a moisture displacer like WD40 and then wiping away the excess.

If you ever dunk the intake, shut the engine down immediately before it shuts itself down. Pull the car out, change the oil and filter, disconnect the fuel line and route it into an empty gascan, pull the sparkplugs out of the head and disconnect the coil wire, then crank the engine over until there is no trace of water vapor coming out of the plug holes. Put it all back together and you should be good to go.

t34me 03-21-2007 08:57 PM

ORIGINAL: addiction2bass

so much it could be.... water and electrical stuff isnt good.....

when ya wash your engine you should run the motor so its warmed up then wash... and the heat from the motor should dry out the engine bay... at least that what i was told and thats how i do mine... and only wash with a garden hose... cause pressure washers can force water int othose cracks or beyond seals messen them up :(

Im not sure about that theory. Hot steel and aluminum+cold water=somthing cracked, i dont recommend doing that