Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Silly question about 99 Coupe Si(R) engine

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 03:17 PM
Default RE: Silly question about 99 Coupe Si(R) engine

Okey, thanks alot!

I will talk to my insurrance company and the proper people about making something like this street legal in Norway. Then start looking for a B18C swap with low milage. I'm also not sure what turbo kit to buy, but that question is more suitable for the FI-forum.. The Precision kit they used in the CFT-video looked kinda nice. But I have no idea how complete that is vs Edelbroch or Greddy kits. Or if I can get it street legal.

Old 02-23-2005, 09:56 PM
HCF Member

well, for that kind of money, get a B18c block, and build it with all forged internals. then get a type r head and put your stock intake cam back in the type r head, the type r intake cam in the b16 and sell it. then with the type r head on the B18c block, it will lower compression about .3, and will flow better than the stock b16a or b18c head. as well as the higher redline.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:49 PM

That's usin' your noodle.... I wasn't thinking about a top swap or anything; just one or the other. I was also thinkin' that you're still going to want to leave some bank for a kit... and that kind of stuff is probably going to cost a mint in Norway.

Old 02-23-2005, 10:58 PM
HCF Member

oh yeah. that sucks. well, i guess that also means the b16 will go for more there. with a type r cam, it ought to go for about 10-1200 in the US. (motor only), if its in great shape.

Old 02-24-2005, 01:36 AM

Wow.. Somebody did their homework right

I will check out that as a possibility as soon as I can get a few bucks to work with (not this year, but maybe next year if I'm lucky). The last word from my contact over in US told me the car is going on the boat this week (probably already gotten on the boat). I don't know how long it takes to get over the ocean and into Europe, but hopefully not more than a couple of weeks from now and I should have the car.

Do they sell those forged internals piece by piece from all kinds of places, or do I have to order them from some special custom shop in US or Japan? I'm really not good on the technical stuff, but the general idea is starting to come in place now Hopefully my mechanic will know his **** so I don't have to get someone else to do all the work. I also have this really talented electronic wizard who do all the electronic gadgets on my cars.

Oh well.. I just have to wait I guess, and maybe get some work done so I can earn money for all this. Sitting on work writing and reading forums isn't a good idea in the long run. Thanks for your replies everyone!

Old 02-24-2005, 08:10 AM
HCF Member

the 18c1 doesnt have 210 hp does it???

This B18C1 thingy would be the 94+ Integra engine, right? With 210 bhp and a 9000 rpm redline

Old 02-24-2005, 09:13 AM

Read the answers to my question in this thread, and get confused

I was just asking, and when reading through the answers again now, I'm still not sure if I know the answer to what B18 have 178 hp and what B18 have 210 hp..

My guess from reading the answers yet another time is this:

B18C (JDM) and B18C1(USDM) (GSR) have 178 hp and the B18C5 (ITR) have 210 hp.. That should be correct. I hope..

Old 02-24-2005, 10:36 AM

http://www.totaljdm.com/index.cfm/fu...dm_engines.htm

These guys sell swaps, but now I'm all confused again What generation would be best for my 99 Coupe Si? The one linked above is a JDM 97-01 Integra GS-R with 178 hp and 8200 rpm redline. That's better than the R-type 210 hp engine if I'm going to turbo it (according to some people here). Beats me why, but I'll trust the people here know what they are talking about. About 3200$ + shipping and installation, but then I only get about 18 hp more (stock).. Kinda expensive, no? I can probably sell my old B16 for 1500$ or something though.. (In Norway) Maybe even more also.. Since we only have a single Coupe Si (99/00) in the entire country (not counting mine).

If you guys think that this would be the best motor for my car (as long as I'm going to add a turbo) that's ok. I should still be able to buy the turbo kit and get the installation without breaking my 10 000$ limit (It's ok to break it just a little, but not much). The new internals are gonna break that limit, but I can run stock internals and 8 psi until I get some more money I guess.

Use your insane Civic knowledge guys and help me make Norway's best Civic street car

Old 02-24-2005, 11:02 AM
HCF Member

b18c(1) jdm:178
b18c1 usdm:170
B18c(5) jdm:197
b18c5 usdm:195

get the b18c(1) block, build it with forged internals (yeah, they are premade and you can just order them over the net.) and when you are ready, drop it in your car, sell the B16, and use that money towards the turbo kit. the B18c is your best bet for turbo.

Old 02-24-2005, 07:01 PM

I thought the JDM c5 had 200 hp? If not, you can just slap on a CAI and you'll have about 200.

Quick Reply: Silly question about 99 Coupe Si(R) engine