HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   simple sleeper (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/simple-sleeper-61472/)

neal_0440 02-26-2008 05:06 AM

simple sleeper

ive gt an absolutely standard 6th gen 1.4 civic ek. i wanna do a few things to the engine to make it like a simple sleeper. giv it a bit of extra power.

what modifications do u recoomend to turnit into a simple sleeper?
cheers

inthezone 02-26-2008 07:58 AM

RE: simple sleeper

as many decals that say VTEC, JDM Intake, or put on the biggest body kit you can find

jk

Depends on how much you want to spend. If you want something like 20hp increase look at I/H/E/high flow cat

If you have a little more you can spend $2000 on a Greddy Turbo kit, but you probably want to buy a boost controller and turbo timer, which is about another $300-$500 total. And then you probably want to look at upgrading the internals of the engine later on; pistons(CP), rods(eagle), valvetrain, just things I would do.

And if you have more money, get the cylinder head ported/polished. I'm not sure about this, but I think a better fuel and oil pump should be a need if you get a turbo.

95civic1.6l 02-26-2008 09:40 AM

if you want it to be a sleeper. Putting an exhaust on it won't make it a sleeper. Do a motor swap or build your motors internals. Internals + turbo would could be a sleeper. But you would have to keep your stock rims to be considered a sleeper. Or you could throw a b16 or a b18 into your civic and build the internals and or turbo.

inthezone 02-26-2008 10:14 AM

I don't mind the sleeper approach, but if you're going to spend money on it, at least make it look decent(new rims/tires and upgrades of the exhaust system/internals)

95civic1.6l 02-26-2008 01:54 PM

then its not going to be a sleeper. The point of a sleeper is to keep the civic as stock as can be on the outside. So rims and exhaust will be pointless for a sleeper

neal_0440 02-27-2008 02:27 AM

my civic has gt steel wheels thou.
wt alloys cud i put on bt tht wud still keep it subtle to be a sleeper an nt too obvious?

ClintT. 02-27-2008 07:25 AM

^^is your keyboard missing some buttons?^^

FlipHKD720 02-27-2008 08:24 AM

ORIGINAL: neal_0440

my civic has gt steel wheels thou.
wt alloys cud i put on bt tht wud still keep it subtle to be a sleeper an nt too obvious?
come on dude....proper grammar

Sleep would be in my opinion.....lowered, 16"/17" basic wheels (5 spoke or something), tint, no decals, maybe a lipkit painted to match, OEM tails, maybe HID's, shaved decals, Type-R grill, and then for the motor, maybe an H swap, GSR swap, even the D series built and boosted. Then get some big ass piping and try and find an OEM muffler that isn't too restrictive, i think the s2k's OEM muffler is pretty good. Then maybe have the muffler tip painted black to hide it. That thing would be sleeping IMO

neal_0440 02-28-2008 12:32 AM

cheers for the help mate

neal_0440 02-28-2008 12:34 AM

cheers for your help mate