HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   siren sound coming from engine (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/siren-sound-coming-engine-75975/)

Brock_10 06-02-2009 08:22 AM

siren sound coming from engine

I just recently within the past week completed putting in a turbo on my civic.
Everything has been running great, the place that did the tune did an amazing job all that good stuff.

But for some reason after I go out and drive the car decently hard, nothing crazy, and then come to a stop and keep the car running it makes a siren sound. Its hard to explain the sound over text but its the sound that a cop car makes when they just flip the siren on and off a couple times.

I never hear this sound while I am driving. When I am driving everything feels and sounds completely normal. What is going on?

My car is a 02 civic
D17a1

islandtuner 06-02-2009 12:25 PM

I had that prob before....you mah have to break down your engine and check to see. There may be a little policeman lodged away in there somewhere. :D.....nah just kidding....couldn't resist.

Do you have the AC on or off?
Is this something that just started happening after the turbo install?
And it's only when you drive hard?

You sure it don't be no cop tryin to flag you :D
You better check ya rear view next time.

Brock_10 06-02-2009 01:44 PM

=) that's funny. Trust me I checked and rechecked for cops. lol

I did notice that my AC is on every time this happens.

yes it never made this sound before the turbo was in.

islandtuner 06-02-2009 05:20 PM

IDK....Sometimes when you get whirring sounds it could be waterpump, a/c.....i mean this is the experiences I've had with the whirring sounds. Not on a honda but on my other car.

jpnolan 06-02-2009 05:22 PM

If its a very high pitched wineing sound I would say belt tensioner. Sorry hard to guess without seeing the car.

Brock_10 06-02-2009 08:35 PM

Ok. I can check on these things.

My main concern is if I can't figure out what the problem is am I damaging anything by continuing to drive it?

dadilagidorp 06-03-2009 12:14 AM

I experienced that before...

trustdestruction 06-03-2009 01:28 AM

Probably a drive belt squealing from being out of adjustment, worn out, dry (needs belt conditioner), or from getting wet from puddles.

3013 06-03-2009 07:20 AM

my friend has an rx7 turbo and last year his car was doing that. it soundes like a european police siren, it turned out his turbo was bad. it was a very loud squeeling. does it get louder the higher reves ur at?

Brock_10 06-03-2009 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by 3013 (Post 646571)
my friend has an rx7 turbo and last year his car was doing that. it soundes like a european police siren, it turned out his turbo was bad. it was a very loud squeeling. does it get louder the higher reves ur at?

God I love RX7's.

But no like I said it doesn't make the noise at all while I am driving it or at any revs at all for that matter.

It is only when I am idoling.