Engine & Internal Chat about beefing up your engine's insides here.

Sleeper

Old 08-25-2005, 11:27 AM
Default Sleeper

just bought a 2005 civic 4 door lx 5 speed, my current ride is a 1/2 ton 4X4 that sucks up 10 MPG
going back to school that puts an extra 1700 mile a mounth under my belt
would like to keep the car looking stock and would like to keep the great gas milage BUT
would also like to kick some *** now and then (without my daily MPG going to crap)
want to make it a "sleeper" so my wife cant find out
what should I do ??????

Old 08-25-2005, 12:25 PM
HCF Member
Default RE: Sleeper

Hey, welcome, Triggerman.

Good news, most of the mods you will do to increase your performance make the enigine more efficient and that means mpg. UNfortunatley though, they may also make your car louder, which I don't know if that's gonna blow your cover or not. You could just tell her that you did it for gas milage (which is true).

Inatake, Header, and Exhaust should give you about 3-4 more mpg and 10-15 more Hp. Pretty sweet huh?

Old 08-25-2005, 12:31 PM

everything SS said but if you would like to get a little crazy maybe spend a little and get a V-Tec. wouldnt save any gas but would give about 20 hp

Old 08-25-2005, 02:01 PM

Maybe if you did an engine swap and put a nice lil B18C5 in there, then you could still keep the noise level down so your wife wouldn't know about it. (unless she stomped on that pedal!)

Old 08-25-2005, 04:19 PM

I hate it when you take about engine swaps, like it cost $3.99 or something. not all of us can afford an f'n engine swap.

Old 08-25-2005, 04:41 PM
HCF Member

maybe if you spent more time working and less time asking which intake to get you could afford one. im only sixteen and im sure between a job and lawn mowing i could make enough for an H22 swap in less than a year. easily

different engines get different MPG's...so look into that and if you find a good powered engine with better MPG's than ur current one

Old 08-25-2005, 05:29 PM

ORIGINAL: Nail I3unny

maybe if you spent more time working and less time asking which intake to get you could afford one. im only sixteen and im sure between a job and lawn mowing i could make enough for an H22 swap in less than a year. easily

different engines get different MPG's...so look into that and if you find a good powered engine with better MPG's than ur current one
Yes everyone please take advise from the 16 year old, who thinks, a summer job making minuim wage, will earn you about 3grand or more, for an engine swap. Most of the people here have families and dont spend every dime on there car.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:38 PM
HCF Member

Well, at 16 I doont' think Nails has many mouths to feed. Besides, Nails is wise way beyond his years. You would be well served to listen to what he has to say.

And I think Negotiator was kidding. A B18C5 swap costs a mint.

Also,

Yes everyone please take advise from the 16 year old, who thinks, a summer job making minuim wage, will earn you about 3grand or more, for an engine swap.
40 hour work week x 52 weeks in a year x a conservative 5 bucks an hour = $10,400. I think he could probably swing it.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:42 PM

ORIGINAL: Street Sniper

Well, at 16 I doont' think Nails has many mouths to feed. Besides, Nails is wise way beyond his years. You would be well served to listen to what he has to say.

And I think Negotiator was kidding. A B18C5 swap costs a mint.

Also,

Yes everyone please take advise from the 16 year old, who thinks, a summer job making minuim wage, will earn you about 3grand or more, for an engine swap.
40 hour work week x 52 weeks in a year x a conservative 5 bucks an hour = $10,400. I think he could probably swing it.
if you let you kid work 40hrs a week. you shouldn.t even be a parent, you should be sent straight to hell

Old 08-25-2005, 05:50 PM
HCF Member

Umm... 16 is legal working age, Jerky boy. I think kids who work 40 hour weeks to earn money instead of asking mommy and daddy should be commended. For a 16 yr old, working is more than just a paycheck, it's a glimpse of the real world where people have to work for a living. It builds character, promotes individualism, and instills work ethic. Let alone contributing to the GNP and generally being a productive member of society.

I don't know what Nails does for his money but I bet he is good at it. What do you do, Carlover other than complain?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sleeper

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.