HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Something is wrong (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/something-wrong-27345/)

SoCaL.rider 08-16-2006 04:32 PM

Something is wrong

ok...This kid is sellin me an SIR complete swap (engine, tranny, ecu, harness, mounts) for $300!! He will install it for $400 at his shop. Is there somethin im missin? I dont mean parts, this just seems to be to good to be true. And from experience, when its to good to be true it normally is.

So any info. on why this might be to good of a deal, or why it might be the right price.

ef4life 08-16-2006 04:45 PM

RE: Something is wrong

its quite possible it was stolen. get a serial number and take it to the police to see if its stolen

Skrapdoggydog 08-16-2006 04:55 PM

that is cheap but what year, how many miles etc. maybe he is hurting for cash?? ask as many questions as u can think off and see how he answers them. does he have an answer, does he keep saying I think it has... Buying a used engine from a person not a company is risky but sometimes u make out!!

SoCaL.rider 08-16-2006 05:21 PM

Well I just talked to this kid yesterday, so he's workin on getting me an engine code and year. Mileage, he's estimating 60k. I will for sure check if it's stolen, but he had it in his 92 hatch for about 6th months so hopefully it's not. That's some funny ****, I would've never thought about stealing an engine. how long would that take...lol

Skrapdoggydog 08-16-2006 05:29 PM

they don't steal just the engine they steal the whole car and then strip it down and part it out. (people who steal cars are the scum of the earth)

SoCaL.rider 08-16-2006 05:42 PM

people who steal cars are the scum of the earth
Im with u there bro...I've had so much **** stolen from my car, I can only imagine getting the whole car stolen.

Nail I3unny 08-16-2006 06:40 PM

ive had experience with stolen cars. when my family took a trip to florida our full size van stolen. the van itself was worth around 35000, but we had an alpine deck, some 10 disc changer, at least 300 cds, a bunch of aftermarket speakers, my nintendo 64 along with 4 controllers and at least 25 games, and something else of value that i dont remember.

btw, people do steal just the engine. its been done before, and its not especially hard with someone whos experienced, especially someone who knows what their doing with hondas/acuras.

96civic285whp 08-16-2006 09:55 PM

Not to discourage you but if you don't know him and have never seen the engine in a car, you can't tell if it has 1,000 miles or 100,000 miles. I've seen people with engines that have 125,000 on them take them out and sell them to somebody and say they only have 50,000.

Marty 08-17-2006 12:15 AM

If it sounds to good to be true it is, simple as that.

SoCaL.rider 08-17-2006 12:44 AM

Marty Date 8/16/2006 10:15:57 PM
If it sounds to good to be true it is, simple as that.
yeah that's what I'm feelin, but this kid goes through engines like miracle whip...So I figured he went wit somethin wit more power. The kid left a message on my phone, but I cant get to my voicemail. (what a ball tickle [&o])