HondaCivicForum.com

HondaCivicForum.com (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/)
-   Engine & Internal (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/)
-   -   Stroker kit+turbo=???? (https://www.hondacivicforum.com/forum/engine-internal-11/stroker-kit-turbo%3D-34499/)

Fejery4491 12-15-2006 11:44 PM

Stroker kit+turbo=????

I've been thinking about buying a b18 and really building it up to get the most hp out of it.....I've been considering throwing a stroker kit on it and then turboing it (alot of other stuff too....but nothing that applies to this question).....I've been looking to find someone who has done this type of thing....but it seems no one has......is there a reason why people don't do this that I'm not realizing.....or it just that turboing+bore and stroking=big $$$$????

riceburner700 12-16-2006 12:28 AM

RE: Stroker kit+turbo=????

if you get it fully sleeved and built i cant see why you coulnt run like a 2.0l or like a 2.1l with a heavy amount of boost

Skrapdoggydog 12-16-2006 12:40 PM

imo i think people don't stroke and turbo b/c of the cost. u can put down a big number to the wheels by just getting low-comp. pistons and connecting rods, a full turbo kit, full management, and a good tune

Pete 12-16-2006 01:00 PM

I would definetly get sleeves. b If youre getting it stroaked, cost must not be a huge factor, so just get some sleeves too.

MY99SI 12-16-2006 02:46 PM

the stock sleeves are good to about 400 hp. ifyou plan on goin over that you should sleeve it. the same thing goes for boreing. i know darton sleeves are good up to .40 over.

im starting a sleeved b16 project for my 99si and i'de look into assembled short blocks. ive seen assembled short blocks with sleeves and everything ready to drop in for about 3500 shipped.

Kedawei 12-16-2006 10:39 PM

Stock sleeves can handle more than that. A quote from Jeff Evans.

"I have tuned sevearal 600whp+ stock sleeve engines that are running great. These are SFWD/T4 drag cars, that take a beating at the track and are street driven. Our personal drag car is holding up at 650whp @ 29psi on stock sleeves, no blockguard. At the end of the season i plan on pushing the our stock sleeve engine to over 700whp, and have no fear that it wont hold up.

Moral of the story, if the engine is built with the proper clearances, good internals (pistons/rods/oem bearings/etc) and the tuning is conservative with good quality parts there is no reason to sleeve a block."

You may want to tone those numbers down for a longer stroke though. Go 92mm at the longest.

Marty 12-16-2006 11:08 PM

stroking a honda engine is stupid as hell

Kedawei 12-16-2006 11:38 PM

Eh, Endyn has had success with Crower's 92mm crank in all motor apps. But I agree, not worth the money. 89mm LS crank is plenty long.